Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Two days of waiting...and some surprises

Yesterday marked 39 weeks. Here's the belly shot...
I had a rough day of contractions--much like what's in my last blog. Monday was the same. I was getting pretty upset at all the pain with no baby. My mom surprised me with a call and cheered me up, and then Nathan came home from the grocery store with these...
...just to cheer me up. The call from my mom and the flowers from my thoughtful husband did just the trick--I was much happier--even if my child is already refusing to listen to me.
Today was more waiting, but no contractions. What a relief! At least a relief if nothing is going to come of it. I was able to concentrate on work and not sit looking at the clock timing anything. SO NICE.
Today's surprise was not as beautiful nor did it smell as sweet as yesterday's surprise flowers. Today's surprise involved Nathan going down to the basement to retrieve some things and finding a sewer pipe leak, which had, of course, leaked all over the one small stack of things we have stored down there. It couldn't have leaked anywhere else in the basement as big as the house--just that one spot! Talk about gross. It must have been leaking since we moved in (we very seldom go down there). YUCK--double YUCK! So we spent an hour, well mostly Nathan spent an hour, cleaning it up. Thank goodness the yuck had only dripped on one stack in the pile, most of which were rubbermaid containers which could be washed with hot water and bleach. The ONE box was on top and had my Christmas nativity in it. Nathan was less than thrilled that I insisted that he fish everything out of the box. Each piece was in its own little box, which had styrofoam surrounding the pieces, so at least the nativity pieces were "pretty clean." Thank goodness it is made of some fake ceramic looking stuff that I could easily dip in bleach and clean off. PHEW! I would have cried if I had lost it to a sewer leak. My mom gave it to me for Christmas years ago. Nathan was a trooper fishing this precious treasure out of the yuck for me. He gets extra brownie points for that on top of surprise flowers.
I wonder what surprise tomorrow will bring....maybe a baby? (wishful thinking, I know)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good surprise tomorrow. This waiting and timing contractions with no results must be so frustrating!!! I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good surprises like flowers & phone calls . . . boo for bad surprises! :-)
    I'm hoping the next day or two brings you more 'good surprises' and a baby :-)

    ReplyDelete