Monday, November 8, 2010

13 Months (ok more like 13-1/2)

Here I am at work, finishing lunch, and thinking of things I have forgotten to blog about. I don't like blogging without pictures of the Coopster, but sometimes better to record cute things without the visual aids than not at all.



I realize I failed to do a post for Cooper's 13-month milestones. Things he started doing recently (forgive me if I've mentioned these before):
  • Dancing - Coop has discovered rhythym and dance. He mostly dances in a circle with his arm in the air, but will also do a head bob, a quick shuffle of the feet, or a bounce at the knees. I love dancing with him.
  • Along with dancing, he has learned to turn on the CD player. He knows what button to push to play the CD. But lest you think he's technologically advanced, he also likes to use the CD player as a seat. It's the perfect height for him. His favorite CD to date is the soundtrack to the movie Juno. It has lots of songs with distinct beats and funky upbeat sounds. Yesterday I was tired of hearing this soundtrack, so I put in a children's CD I have, and he was SO not interested. Nate says it's because he can already tell the difference between good and bad taste in music.
  • Eyes, Ears, Mouth and Nose - Coop has learned to identify these things on himself and others. Well, almost. Sometimes he gets them mixed up, but he's learning!
  • He's starting to notice things on his clothes. At night I let him pick out his pjs. The other night he picked some because they had a monkey on them. He was excited to "have a monkey on his belly."
  • His climbing antics have gone to a whole new level.
  • When I tell him no or that something is naughty (usually something he's climbing onto, or getting into), he stops and "angrily" says "Naaaaaa!" back. Then goes right back to it, all the while looking at me like, "Na, na, na, na , na." He is stubborn and somewhat defiant. Oh boy.
  • Coop LOVES talking on the phone and is starting to talk back. He is constantly pretending to talk on the phone, but when there is really someone else on the other end, he gets elated. So if you want to call and chat with him (his attention span is probably about a minute), he'd love it. You may even catch him saying, "Hello?" or "Hi!" He hasn't figured out yet though that waving bye-bye doesn't cut it when talking on the telephone.
  • I love his little giggle he does when he's trying to communicate something and you guess correctly. It's his little, "That's it!" Gets me every time.
  • Just when I thought my little guy was going to be lucky enough to not go through it, Coop has started having separation anxiety. Maybe it has to do with the fact that for the last week I have been working on coaching him through learning to fall asleep on his own. [The "Sleep Lady" is a genius!] Or maybe it's just his age. But today I was about to leave for work, and he came running into the kitchen to give me a kiss and then wouldn't let me leave. Chelsey had to bribe him with looking out the window for birds. This may make my working career even shorter than planned...so hard.
  • Coop has taken to his stuffed monkey (shown in this picture). He has refused the "snuggle bunny/blanket" item we tried to give him as a security item, and has moved on to the monkey. At night when he's crying, I tell him to lay down and give his monkey a love. It calms him, and he'll lay down and snuggle it. So cute.
  • Coop loves to pull things out of bags. At church he's constantly raiding someone else's bag or purse. All the people who ever sit next to us are forever moving their stuff out of his reach. It's rather embarrassing. At home if someone's purse is on the floor, he's immediately into it. The only bag he won't get into is his own diaper bag. Been there, done that, I guess. This morning he was getting into Chelsey's purse soon after she arrived, and so I suggested putting a few things into one of those reusable grocery bags we have. Coop was in heaven.

Ok enough for now. More pictures later when I remember to re-charge the camera battery...

No comments:

Post a Comment