First off, I apologize for the length of this post. Having had very little free time, at least where I wasn't feeling like a zombie, I haven't been able to blog the last month of Cooper-isms. There have been a few pictures and videos I've been wanting to share, so here you have 'em!
Good morning, Momma! (He's just so cute)
This cabinet is Coop's hangout. It's his go-to spot when he's in the kitchen with me, and also for general playing and mischief. The other day I coudn't find one of his sippy cups, so I looked, and sure enough, there it was in his favorite spot.

We were lucky to have my Mom here for a couple of weeks while she took care of Bryt's family with their new arrival. Coop and Grammie got to hang out a lot, and he sure misses her!

Aunt Denise, Uncle Jim, and Allison came for a Valentine's visit!
Cooper gave Chelsey a valentine. (He was happy the first shot, but the flowers were in Chelsey's face. After that he was cranky and uncooperative because he was hungry.) He was so cute carrying the flowers to her.
Cooper has recently discovered the world of dramatic play (the new buzz word for "dress up"). He LOVES to dress up like daddy. He also likes wearing different kinds of hats.
One Sunday afternoon I was being all domesticated and making zucchini bread. Coop was happily playing beside me. I was busy measuring and such, turned around, and this is what I found... We're STILL using the unraveled paper towells!
Cooper was very excited for my birthday party. He even dressed up for the occasion. Nathan and Chelsey gave me quite the party. Thank you to all my family and friends for making it such a fun day!!
On my birthday, I noticed that spring had suddenly arrived in Charlotte. Yay! I love that about my birthday: it means spring is just around the corner, unless you live in the South, and then it means that spring is HERE!
More spring! Today, two weeks later, the trees are all in full bloom, as are the daffodils and other flowers. Hooray for spring! Coop isn't sure yet what the big deal is, except that he knows he's been able to enjoy spending a lot more time outside.
After my birthday, it was Ellie's birthday! Here's the cousins at the birthday party.
The other night while I was making dinner, Coop decided to play lobster with the oven mitts. He thought it was so hilarious.
It's been a great month! Cooper officially turned 17 months. He's talking a bit more, and is starting to recognize animals and know the sounds they make. Just last night he finally recognized a cow in one of his books and proudly pronounced, "Moo!"
The other big change this month is his interest in copying us. He constantly wants to be doing what we're doing, or mimicking us. This goes from using his popper "vacuum" while I vacuum, brushing his teeth (which he loves to do, and begs often--thank you Thomas the Train automatic toothbrush), and eating what we eat.
He's learned to like a few new foods including raw zucchini, which he prefers just sliced. He's also discovered the fun of dipping food in sauces, and LOVES ketchup.
This month he also had his first haircut in a salon. I let his hair grow out a little long, and it actually started getting pretty curly in the back. I told myself I'd never be the mom with the son with long curly baby hair, but I admit I totally was. It was hard for me to have it cut, but he looks like such a big boy now.
No comments:
Post a Comment