I have always posted about Cooper's milestones when he passed a milestone age. Since he turned three not too long ago, it's time to post about my boy.
Cooper's 3 yr old stats:
Height: 37-3/4" (50th percentile)
Weight: 34.6 lbs. (85th percentile) He's a surprisingly heavy, or so I've been told when others pick him up. The kid is pure muscle--he's got defined arms, calves, and a six-pack!
Vision: 20/30
Cooper continues to be a smiley kid. First thing when he wakes in the morning, he usually wakes me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, pulls back, and smiles close to my face. He's such a sweetie.
Cooper is still obsessed with Curious George. We record it every day, and then I let him watch it while I shower and get ready. He'll stay glued to the couch while it's on, which is a relief knowing I can shower in peace and not worry about what mischief he might be getting into. He would watch Curious George ALL DAY if I let him, and sometimes it's a battle to turn it off. He loves that little monkey! On 11/9 I posted on FB: Coop watches Curious George every day while I get ready. Lately whatever George does, Coop reenacts later. A few days ago he was building a telescope (Coop says to me: "Mom, I need to get a box, and scissors, and paper, and a reflection, and boogers, and paint, and glue, and squish it all together to make a telescope, a really BIG telescope!"). Yesterday it was a miniature car wash with my scrub brushes and broom, and today he's building a robot out of Duplos. Apparently it's complete with a body, head, flashing lights, and blows bubbles. Love that something as positive as a healthy imagination is budding while I'm getting ready every day.
Cooper is still terrified of loud noises, including the vacuum, passing trucks, the lawn mower, hair dryers, etc. He'll go to great lengths to avoid a loud noise, and always covers his ears. When recently visiting my parents, my mom would make a smoothie every morning in the blender, and Coop would run for cover. After a few days he got used to it, but always covered his ears, and told me later he didn't like that blender.
My most recent favorite moment was the other night. Nate was at church for a youth thing, and so Cooper and I had the house to ourselves after dinner. I decided to play with him, and put aside all the things I needed to do. We had watched Disney's Pocahontas and Pocahontas II in the days before (teaching him about Indians for Thanksgiving). There's lots of fighting with swords on boats in the second movie, and so after I'd finished folding laundry, with two empty laundry baskets, I said, "Coop! Run quick and get us some swords from your toys; We gotta defend our boats (as I jumped in a basket and sat down)!" His eyes got wide and a smile of delight light up his face, and he dashed to his room to find two swords. We played swords and boats in the laundry baskets for almost an hour, at which point he ran over to me, threw his arms around my neck, and said, "You're the best Mommy. You're so nice. I love you," and kissed me on the cheek. Said thanks and asked why he thought I was nice, and he said, "Because you play with me." Such a sweet little moment that reminded me to stop sometimes and just play with him. I try to do that every day for at least a half hour, and it's usually the best part of my day.
On the flip side, Coop has become quite the Daddy's boy, especially after we were gone to Utah for 3 weeks, during which time Nate joined us 1 week in for only 5 days, so there was a long period of time afterward where we were away from him. It was the longest Nate and I have been apart since his summer internship in Chicago in 2008. When we got home, the two of them were nearly inseparable for a week. Nate had a hard time focusing on work (he works from home), and would find any chance possible to take a break and play with Cooper. They've gone fishing a few times together at a local pond where Nate knows the landowner. They often visit the local John Deere store together so Coop can climb on all the tractors. Nate even took Cooper with him one Wednesday night to youth night at church. They were making home-made pizzas that night, and Cooper came home all excited to tell me about how someday he's going to be a Scout and a missionary and make pizzas. Too cute. I love that Coop and Nate are becoming buddies.
Quotable Cooper of late:
Cooper: "Mom, fish eat fish food, and dogs eat dog food, and lions...they eat all the monsters!"
Me: "Cooper, please don't throw my shoes around. They make marks on the walls."
Coop: "Yes, Mom, I do throw shoes. I'm a guy."
Most creative reason for not eating vegetables at dinner goes to Coop: "I can't, Mom (as he dramatically falls off his chair to the floor). I'm stuck in this mud and can't get up. ("Tries" to get up, and lays back down on belly.) See? I'm just too stuck!"
While I was putting in a load of laundry the other day, Coop built an "indoor slide" consisting of crawl tunnel, hamper, pillows, and blankets. Oh my. He was actually climbing in the tunnel and "sliding" through it. What is a mom to do then, but help him reinforce it so it's safer? That was another fun time.
I sure love this little guy. The other day my old co-worker asked me if I'd be interested in coming back to work because job was opening up, and my old boss wants me back for it. It took me about 2.5 seconds to decide, "No way! My current "boss" might be a little demanding, unpredictable, and makes me work 24/7, but I wouldn't trade my current job for any other in the world." No place I'd rather be than at home with Cooper. Love you, Bug!


No comments:
Post a Comment