Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's a......

Today we had our 20-week ultrasound, and we finally got to find out the gender of our little one. The baby was moving and wiggling all over the place as soon as the ultrasound started. It was so fun to watch the little human inside me be so active.

The baby cooperated very well, and not too soon into the ultrasound, the technician ran the wand over the part that would tell the gender, and I saw right away that we're definitely having a BOY!!!!! It was SO obvious, and he was very happy to show off his family jewels to lets us know it is a he. Nathan was VERY excited, and soon thereafter announced that, "Now I get to coach pee wee football!" Tonight he was ruminating about being able to have a little fishing buddy and hunting buddy. He's going to be such a great dad.

The rest of the ultrasound was just as fun. The baby was sucking his thumb and had his left hand against his face most of the time, so it was hard to get a clear picture of his face. His right arm was very actively waving around like he was saying hi.

The technician was having a hard time getting pictures because he was moving around so much, so she said, "Ok baby, stretch so I can see your spine." And he did. Then she said, "Ok baby, give us a high five so we can see your hand." And he did. She needed him to stop wiggling so we could listen to his heartbeat, and she said, "Hold still baby." And he did. She said, "Your baby operates on voice command." I said, "Yeah, he's very obedient." Nathan responded, "That won't last long."

We got to watch him stretch, kick, touch his feet to his head, move his hands to his face, swallow, yawn, and turn around over and over.

Here he is for his first blog debut (these are scans of prints, so they're not very clear). This one is the best profile we could get. So cute!Here he is kicking his feet and legs up near his head.
Here's his profile again.

Watching our baby was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. The pregnancy is so real to me now. I am awestruck that we have actually created this little human who will be joining our family in a little under 5 months. Now let the naming games begin...

9 comments:

  1. Yep. That's when it really hit me. That was the point where the faith that I was pregnant and things were okay turned into real truth. Fun times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boy! I totally guessed that wrong. How exciting! I'm excited for our little guys to be pals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! How much fun! I loved ultrasounds, getting to see the little person moving around in me . . . and then to finally be able to call the baby a 'he' or 'she' instead of 'it'!
    So, how are names coming? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very happy for the two (or should i say three of you ; ) and am excited to be a great "aunt" again!! I hope to meet him before his wedding LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Need I say more? Love Camyll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I am so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you! Let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete