Just a quick post to let you all know that Tater Tot is still in the oven. There are signs that he may be making his debut "soon," but I am beginning to really feel that I will be pregnant forever. Maybe I will be the first woman ever to raise her child entirely in utero. The doctor said on Friday that she thought I would deliver this weekend. I told her I didn't believe her because that's what she said LAST week.
So here I am, skipping another day of church due to contractions that started yesterday morning, went most of the day, stopped for a bit, and then picked up last night as we were out. I had over an hour of 7-minute apart contractions that were...HUGE...to say the least. Nothing like I'd had before. I thought for sure it was finally going to be the real thing. Hah. Nope.
Went to bed at 1 am exhausted from the contractions. Woke up at 3:17, 4:47, 4:54...you get the picture. I finally gave up and just got up since I couldn't sleep through them any more. Drifted off to sleep on the couch about 6:30, woke up again and again, finally gave in and went back to bed at 9 am. Woke up about 5 times from contractions while trying to sleep. Finally gave up at 11:30 and, well, here I am.
It has been POURING rain all night and morning and it's finally stopped enough that maybe I can get out and go for a walk. Better take advantage of the break in the storm while I can.
We have 2 days until D-day. Anyone want to bet that I'll go over? ;o)
One Last Party
3 years ago
I had Annie on my due date. I showed up to the hospital, and as we were checking in, the nurse was all, "And when are you due?" I said, "Today!" She stopped what she was doing and looked up at me and said, "Um, Ma'am, you don't just come in because it is your due date . . . "
ReplyDeleteI assured her I was actually IN labor, not just showing up 'cause I thought I had an appointment or something for the date :-)
Here's hoping you have your little one before or on your due date and no later! :-)
Know that you are in our thoughts. I kind of did the same things with Shelisa minus the contractions. Going to the Dr. and having him tell me make sure your bags are packed, this baby is coming tonight. That was 6 weeks before she was born. Twice a week I would be told the same thing, but still no baby. She came 3 days after her due date. She was down so low he couldn't tell that she was face up until he broke my water. The waiting game is so much fun. But unlike you, I was still finishing things so I was OK with the wait. Hang in there, he will be here soon and then the real fun begins. Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteWow hang in there. Plan something really fun with Nathan. Something you won't be able to do for months after the baby is born. That's a sure ticket for the baby to come. He'll want to spoil those plans right away. Hope to hear good news soon.
ReplyDeleteI saw your link on the Armstrong's blog and read over your last month's saga. Contractions galore! I think by now you should be dilated to a 12 and that boy should be sliding out of there with a 1/2 of a push :) I hope all these storms bust your water and you can actually put those contractions to use! I can't imagine it.
ReplyDelete