Wednesday, March 31, 2010

6 Months Old

Our little Cooper turned 6 months old last Thursday. He's getting to be such a "big boy."
At the latest doctor visit our little middleweight weighed in at 18 lbs. 4 oz. (back up to the 70th percentile). He remains a little shorty at 25-1/2" long (25th percentile). But his head, oh his head. 43-1/2 cm circumference. What percentile is that, you might ask. Well, it's so big that it's not chartable. That's right folks. Our kid has such a big noggin that it's literally off the chart in size. No wonder he's such a smarty--lotsa room for learning.

When asked if I could please take a picture of his cute little teeth (2 on bottom, 2 on top laterals), this is the face I got. Um, that would be a no.

But he didn't mind showing off his double. Nice one!

Nathan calls this his "ladies man" pose. He lays like this a lot. I call it baby yoga.
Usually he's more in a reclining position, but I couldn't catch it on camera without him seeing me. This was taken Sunday. Last night, he just about figured out how to go from crawling/belly to sitting up. Just as liberating learning to crawl was for Cooper, because now he can get to whatever it is he wants, learning to go from crawling to sitting will be just as liberating. Right now he has to either play on his belly, roll onto his back, or perform some kind of yoga position to play with his toys on his own. He can't wait to be able to sit without us sitting him down. We're eagerly cheering him on. [Also, notice the baby version of telephone? Coop thinks it's great, but still prefers the actual adult form of electronics.]
On the subject of "ladies man," Cooper is quite the little flirt. We always tease him that he likes older women (our babysitter's daughter is 4), and sometimes ask him in the morning whether he's excited to visit his girlfriend. But she's moving in May, and maybe we've convinced him she's too old for him at this point in his life because he's found a new girlfriend at church. Tessa is about six weeks younger than Coop. They sit in Sunday School and Relief Socitey and coo, giggle, talk, and play with/at each other. It's hilarious and cute. I'm just relieved he's not the only baby in the room.
Ok, so funny story. Sunday I'm in class trying to listen to the lesson and entertain my very mobile, very vocal six-month-old. He's getting increasingly fussy, so I grab him and stand up against the far wall to rock/sway with him, which of course makes everyone instantly look over at us. Right then, Cooper pukes. Yes, I say pukes because this was not your normal little spit up. Oh no. This was a full on projectile vomit that ended up all over my dress, the chair in front of us, and the biggest part splatted on the toe of my boot. All while everyone was watching. And for those that weren't watching--they could easily hear the upchuck and SPLAT on my boot. Nice.
In celebration of Spring/Easter, we snapped this photo Sunday afternoon on our front porch (don't pay attention to our lounge clothes--we had just both taken afternoon naps). The dogwood tree in our front yard is now in full bloom. Atlanta is known for the dogwoods, and boy are they beautiful this year!

HAPPY EASTER!

1 comment:

  1. I love the dogwoods! I miss having "real" seasons. We don't get "popcorn popping on the apricot tree." It's really hard to teach Kyle about seasons and what to look for when we live in Miami and have 2 seasons: wet and dry OR summer and hotter summer. :) At least some flowers are blooming here.

    ReplyDelete