Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Multi-tasking Mamma

I have always envied the ability of mothers to multi-task. They seem to be able to do 10 things at once, and not just do them, but do them well. Much of my adult life I was worried that I would never master this skill. Until this morning.

Nathan was very tired so I let him sleep as I was trying to get ready for work and entertain my 6-month baby. Cooper was insistent that I pick him up and hold him. Any attempt to get him to play on the floor with toys nearby was in vain. He would just crawl to my feet and cry. Poor boo. So I finally picked him up. Thank goodness we have a nice vanity with a little stool so I can sit and to my makeup and the likes.

There I was, balancing my little chunky baby on one leg, trying to entertain him with a baby-friendly item from my makeup bag, and applying makeup to my face. Not any makeup--eyeliner. And yes, I was able to put in on straight!

Wow. Never thought I had it in me. Kids bring out some inner strengths you think you may not have--including becoming a multi-tasking momma.

[Side note: Nate didn't find this nearly as amusing or worth noteable mention when I decided to share my little feat with him when he woke up. Guess it's a girl thing. Or maybe he hadn't been awake long enough yet to really listen to my yacking. Hmmm....]

No comments:

Post a Comment