Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am NOT old...yet

My friend from HS had a blog post about feeling old, so I have to share this since we are the same age. If she's old, I'm old, and I REFUSE to believe that I am old yet despite.....
  1. My hair stylist asking yesterday if I dye my hair to hide all the grays, or just dye it for fun. WHAT THE?! No one has ever comments on my gray hairs. I have to admit I've seen a lot more lately of those little gray buggers than I'd like to--too many to pluck. I blame it on stress, not age. Denial? What's that?
  2. The other night I was preparing for an activity with the youth in our ward. I am over the girls ages 12-13, and part of the activity they'd planned was to share three items that represent things about themselves. I was going around my house trying to come up with three things, and asked my sister to help me decide. She said something about me liking music, and maybe I could take a CD. But then she made a joke that the girls wouldn't even know what a CD is, and how old I am for still having so many CDs. I was like, "Whatever! I can totally take my iPod!" and she was like, "You have an iPod? Ok--maybe you're not so old yet." I mean, really Sis?! Really?!

That night at the young women's activity, I told that story, and the girls laughed and said, "Sister Smith, you're not old. We know what CDs are; our Moms and Dads have them too and make us get them because they won't buy us our own iPods yet." I felt old.

But I'm NOT!....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment