Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Soccer, Friends, Frogs and Fun

Being the mother of a little boy means I get to do lots of little boy things:
Like soccer practice
Cooper is taking soccer lessons through his old school.  Once a week he gets to learn about playing soccer, practice kicking the ball and doing drills, and also gets to see all his old school pals.  It's worked out well as a transition to being home with me and not totally missing his friends.
Here he is holding the ball, and being reminded by his coach that there's "No hands in soccer!"  That was their first lesson.
{For Cooper's future reference, this is him and his friend Farrah.]
 Cooper has learned to "dribble" the ball by making small kicks to the phrase "tick tock like a clock."  He has learned how to make some "long" kicks into the goal, and today he learned about passing the ball to his friends, using his feet, of course.  When it's time to listen, the coach has them sit on their balls.  So cute.
[Pictured L to R, B to F: Michelle, Sydney, Cooper, Marek, Noah, Ainsley.]
 One day last week I wanted to get out of the house, but it was windy and chilly that day, so we took our lunch and drove to a nearby construction site, and had a picnic in the car while we watched the excavators, dump trucks, bulldozers and such.  Coop thought it was the best picnic ever.
 I was trying to find Cooper to get him dressed, and he'd ran and hid from me in his room.  When I say those little fingers peeking out of the box, I ran and grabbed my camera.  He'd hid in this box all on his own, and thinks it's now the funniest thing to hid in there and surprise me.
 Yesterday we babysat a friend's little boy for the day.  Kempton (4) was Cooper's idol for the day.  Everything he did, Cooper wanted to do. 
 As we were getting in the car to go to the park, I spotted a little frog in our garage, and so took the opportunity to catch it and let the boys have a look.
 They thought it was great!
Such simple pleasures :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment