On May 8th Cooper went with me to vote in the NC primaries. He was SO excited to get a sticker. I was able to bribe him to be good, telling him that only good kids who stay by their moms get stickers at the end. Wish that kind of rationale worked all the time!
We recently bought an unfinished bed and bookshelf for Cooper at a yard sale (score!). The only hitch is now I get to putty, sand and paint it. Cooper was intrigued by the wood putty, and kept calling it peanut butter. He was mad I wouldn't let him play with it. I was too afraid he'd eat it.
To keep him occupied, I sat him in a chair next to me, and gave him some yogurt. I had my back to him, puttying away, when he decided that peach yogurt and wood putty look similar, and proceeded to spread peach yogurt all over the top of the bookshelf. I didn't take a picture, too panicked to get the yogurt off the raw wood. But I had to just laugh at it, and took a picture of him "helping" me sand.
One day last week it had been raining all day, and Cooper was bored of being indoors. So when the rain stopped, and it warmed up outside, I let him run through the drainage ditch in our front lawn that runs when we get a lot of rain. He had a blast splashing through the rainwater. He face-planted a few times, but being Coop, he just laughed and laughed, wiped his face with his hands, and kept on trucking.
Cooper Quotes and other memorable moments from the last few weeks:
- Nate's turn to bathe Coop. I hear Nate pour water on Coop's hair with a cup, and Coop says "No! Don't water me!"
- One night at the store Nate said to Cooper, "Thank you for making a good choice."
Coop sweetly threw his arms around Nate's neck and said, "Thank you for bein' a dood daddy!" - One morning Coop says, "Mom, can I wun in the sprinkle-wer?"
"Not yet Bug, it's too early in the morning. You can this afternoon after your nap."
...pause...
"Mom, can I take a nap?" - After putting Cooper to bed and I heard him in his room singing "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man." Too cute to tell him to be quiet and go to sleep.
- Coop took my Bible, sat on the couch and said, "Jesus went on the water. Let's talk about it. Other things go on the water, like boats, and fish, and Jesus goes on the water too."
- Totally surprised me one day when I was on the phone giving our address to someone, said the first two digits, and Coop finished the house # and street. Guess something I've taught him lately has actually stuck! That made my day.
- Coop turned on the tv by himself, and chose VH1 80s Popup Videos to watch. Refused cartoons. He thought The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" was dance worthy.
- A few weeks ago Coop had about 30 scratch tests done and 4 vials of blood drawn to determine some allergies. Kid didn't even cry. He never ceases to amaze me. Docs and nurses were all talking about him as we came out. Apparently one of the best behaved kids they've ever seen under such circumstances. I think he's something special.
- So frustrating that the dinner table has become a negotiating table to get my 2 yr old to eat. I long to just eat my dinner in peace without making deals about how many more bites to eat, or getting a fistful of corn thrown at me. And then he says, "But Mom, my fork os not working!" and it's all I can do not to laugh.
- Had my ipod on shuffle. Walk into room and catch Coop singing along (into his toy microphone) and dancing to the Beatles "Drive My Car." First non-kid song I've ever heard him sing. Knows the whole chorus. "Baby you tan dwive my tar!" to which he turns and says, "Mom, my dwive your tar?"
- Conversation with Coop one morning:
"Mommy, my bewlly is hurtin'."
"It is? I think that's 'cause you're hungry."
"No. It's tause I need some hold yous."
How could I resist that?
A few min later, Coop eating breakfast while I hold him...
"Mommy, my bewlly is dettin' better tause I wuv u so much."
No comments:
Post a Comment