Cooper loves to be silly.
Cooper loves watermelon almost as much as his Poppy. He was excited yesterday when I gave him this big slice of watermelon all for himself at lunch. He declared it "ginormous."
Story time at the library yesterday was all about babies. At the end, the children were given stickers with babies on them. Cooper woke up from his nap with his sticker still on his shirt. He quickly pulled it from his shirt, lifted it, and stuck the sticker to his belly and said, "Wook, Mom. I donna hab a baby!" Where does he learn this stuff? Oh my.
I asked him to take a more modest picture (been teaching him about how to dress modestly), and he cracked me up with the look on his face. You can see how he's really thinking about it.
Lastly, we've been getting books from the library each week. His favorites are about trucks, and I have to be sure that we bring home at least two truck books each week, or he flips out. We've also been checking out some childrens' DVDs called "All About John Deere" and "Metal Monsters." He loves both, and they are my babysitters while I take a shower each morning. They're the only DVDs I've left him watching and come out of the shower 10-15 minutes later to see him sitting in practically the same spot, eyes glued to the TV. I am thankful that he is no longer trying to go outside or getting into other trouble when I'm trying to shower.
Anyway, one book in particular, Tip Tip Dig Dig, seemed so cute to me. We read it twice a day for about a week. Then out of the blue, he wanted to "read" it to me. I thought he'd make up words, but to my surprise, he'd memorized it. It's not a long or complicated book, but still amazed me. And I thought it adorable. Couldn't get him to read it on video without me prompting him on each page, but it's still cute.
One last thing I'll add is that you'll see that he tries to insert the word "pooted" for "tipped" when speaking about the dump truck. The kid is all bathroom humor lately. I'm currently using the method of pretty much just ignoring it. Most ignoring works. Boys...[sigh].
One last thing I'll add is that you'll see that he tries to insert the word "pooted" for "tipped" when speaking about the dump truck. The kid is all bathroom humor lately. I'm currently using the method of pretty much just ignoring it. Most ignoring works. Boys...[sigh].
No comments:
Post a Comment