For Valentine's Day I helped Cooper make valentines to mail to his grandparents, great grandparents, some great aunts and uncles, and his young cousins. I traced hearts on the paper, and he cut out about six hearts all by himself, and then got bored of it. The self-cut ones were a little lopsided, but so sweet and cute. Wish I had taken a picture of the one he gave Nate! What we made looked like this...
We put them in envelopes with some candy hearts and mailed them off 5 days before Valentine's Day, sure they would arrive to all recipients by the big day. Apparently the US Postal system did not like the candy hearts in the envelopes, because yesterday I received this back in the mail...
So discouraging to see one of our little valentine's we worked so hard on returned to us in pieces with only a shred of the envelope. At least the USPS had the courtesy to return it to us. This one was for Cooper's cousin, Ellie, and the envelope had also contained one for his cousin, Kate. Having this valentine returned made me wonder how many of the valentines we sent out actually made it to their recipients. So if you didn't receive a valentine from Cooper, know that it was eaten by one of the USPS machines (apparently they wanted to keep the candy for themselves), but we had the greatest of intentions. Next time we'll be more careful about our choice of packaging. :(
Lastly, here is a picture of Cooper with another valentine he received, which I forgot to upload to my Valentine's Day post.



No comments:
Post a Comment