The boys have both had milestones in the last few days. Well, maybe Hudson's is not so much a "milestone," but it's the longest amount of time I've ever heard him talk, and I'm pretty sure he tried to say "I love you." The other day I had laid him in his crib for a few minutes to grab a few things in the boys' room, and he started talking to his butterfly mobile. Since he was perfectly happy, I left him there for a few minutes while I did a few other things. I came back to check on him a few minutes later, and he was still babbling away. He babbled and coo-ed for 25 minutes! He must really like his butterfly mobile, or maybe it was talking back while I was away. I was shocked to be able to get it on video, since the last few times I've tried to record him, he gets quiet and intently stares at the design on the back of the phone. Apparently the phone was no match for his beloved butterfly.
It's a long 4 minute video, but I thought at least the grandparents might enjoy it. If nothing, skip about 20 seconds from the end, where I tell him I love him, and I swear he tries to say it back; at least he gets the general sounds and cadence right. Crazy! He's such a verbal little guy, and I LOVE it.
If the embedded video doesn't work, here is the link: http://youtu.be/hBVBbUiQbl0
Cooper, on the other hand, had a MAJOR milestone last Saturday. He begged Nate to take the training wheels off his bike, because according to him he has "great bounce" [balance]. Nate took them off just to prove a point, but then Cooper surprised us both when he was able to actually ride the bike a bit. Nate has been helping him a little every day ever since. The learning hasn't been without a scraped knee or two (although he still refuses to wear his elbow/knee pads for more than a minute), but he begs every day for one of us to go out and help him. It's a bit challenging for him since our driveway and our street are both sloped, and the bike without the training wheels has some problem with the pedals getting stuck, but he is doing amazingly well, especially considering he's a month shy of 4 years old still. It may be time to take the training wheels off his other bike so he can pedal better, and really take off. Our little guy is growing up!
Here is the link in case the embed doesn't work. http://youtu.be/oX3OMSmVcXg
Lastly, I took this picture today of the boys playing together while I was making dinner. Cooper had asked if I could get out the activity mat/toy hanger with the lights and music. He was excited to make the lights and music go for Hudson. It still kinda freaks Huddy out, but he tries to be brave with his big brother showing him. It's pretty cute.
One Last Party
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment