Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tid Bits

Have been busily enjoying what we have left of summer, although with all the rain and the low temperatures, it felt like fall more than August last week. This week we are back to sweltering humidity. The break was WELCOME! I'm ready for Fall.

Can't get enough of this kid with his lovey. Sweet baby.
Found "Don't Spill the Beans" game at a consignment sale for $2. My little brother and I used to play this a lot. Coop and I played at least 20 rounds of it one afternoon when it was chilly/rainy out. I am determined to make him a game lover like me! We giggled and had so much fun. Now he's asked to play various board games every day since. Love it!
This morning Cooper came to me and said, "Mom, I'm not gonna watch tv today becausei it's not a healthy choice. I have a great idea: let's go to the park! that's a healthy choice, isn't it, Mom?" First, I had to pause and say to myself "parenting score!!" woohoo!! guess he does listen sometimes. i'd already been contemplating the park, so I agreed to Coop's healthy activity.  We had a picnic lunch before playing. 
Cooper kept throwing grapes to this squirrel, who nibbled them up quickly about three feet from us, which made Coop excitedly giggle and squeal.
Hudson joined us this afternoon for some puzzle construction on the floor. Baby boy is growing like a weed again. Thankfully most nights he gets up only once between 4-5 am, and then sleeps until 7. 
We braved the humidity tonight and went for an evening walk with our neighbor friends, Braden and his mom Tammy. The boys insisted on wearing these toy safety goggles.
Not sure whether I posted these pics from earlier in the summer. Cooper and his neighbor friends. Amy, Jasmine, and Braden went swimming at Braden's house.
Summer is winding down, but I am ready. It's been a good one. Looking forward to Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment