Monday, January 6, 2014

Annual Christmas Party

We held our annual Christmas party again this year with our friends--WITHOUT KIDS. Always so fun to get together with our adult friends without kids to distract. 
I was pleased with the result of this totally last-minute, like 5 minutes before the party, centerpiece I put together on a whim. Used a few cut sprigs from our Christmas tree, layered cranberries on top, filled with water and put in a few tea light candles, and voila!
Everyone brought a dish to share. We had more than enough. I was eating leftovers for days. Yum!
Tiffany was the hand-down winner of the ugly sweater contest. She snapped a picture for me the next day, since I missed getting one of her with the sweater at the party. It had so much decoration that it seriously weighed like 5 pounds! Picture does not do it justice.  As always, the winner of the ugly sweater won a prize: gift certificate to the movie theater.
The guests with their white elephant gifts:
Justin Gleaves (Alyssa was out of town)
Blaine and Heather Edwards (the glass antique duck Blaine ended up with was the most traded gift of the night).  Blaine and I worked together at Kohlers in Lehi, UT as grocery baggers in high school. He and his wife live here in Charlotte (in our stake, no less) now to be close to her family. Heather's dad, Ladd Hall, is our Stake President. Small world!!
Asenath and Lauren Lawton
Andrew and Natalie Gleaves
Allison Lucas (John was away in China on business)
Tiffany and Brandon Larsen
Nate ended up with a bag of rocks (forgot to take a picture of myself).
We had a great time catching up with some of our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment