Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Silly Silly Huddy

I'm taking a break from my summer vacation blog posts to bring you this current update. This morning Hudson awoke at 5:30 and decided he was ready to be up for the day. (Sigh). By 9:30 he was super fussy, but also very particular. He did not want a bottle, or to be held, or his crib. What did he want? The vacuum. Yep. My silly, silly baby loves the vacuum. He begged (through pantomime and gibber-jabber) to get it out of the closet, so I did. He begged to play with it, so I let him. He and Coop happily played for a few minutes like this. 
Then Hudson wanted it turned on, and to push it, but when I turned it on and handed him the handle, he fussed, handed me the handle, and reached for me to pick him up. But then he wiggled and fussed and wanted back down. Then reached back up, then wanted down. I was getting annoyed until a light bulb went off in my brain. I grabbed the baby carrier, and asked, "Hudson, is this what you want? You want to be in this while I vacuum?" He rewarded me with his "you guessed it!" giggle of delight. The floor needed vacuuming anyway. Dishes, laundry, and a shower could wait. So I obliged. Not 5 minutes later, this...
Sweet, sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment