Saturday, October 25, 2008

Random Reminiscing

I haven't posted anything in the last 2 weeks because I didn't think I had anything interesting to post about. But then Mel gave me this great idea, and it's something the rest of you can do too.

It doesn't matter if you think you haven't done anything blog worthy for the day/week or if, like me, you haven't taken any new pictures. Everything you need for a new post is already on your computer! First, go to "my pictures" (or where ever you keep all of your pictures.) Then, open the 6th folder and find the 6th picture. VoilĂ ! You now have the makings of a new post!!! You can tell a story about the photo or remind those of us who may have already seen it!

So here's the picture I found...

This is a picture from last Christmas. My niece, Ellie, who was almost 2 at the time, wanted to "do my hair." She was brushing it and had to make sure to use the squirt bottle with water in it like her mom does to do her hair. It was adorable. Plus, what girl doesn't like her hair to be played with? All you girls out there--remember when you were in school and your friends played with your hair? I remember sitting in 2nd grade in Indian style on the floor for something, and my friend Sylvia sitting behind me and braiding my hair or something. I still love to have my hair played with--especially when it's by someone as adorable as Ellie.

2 comments:

  1. You know you don't sit "Indian Style" in school anymore! It's "criss-cross-applesauce" now, so as not to upset anyone of the Native American ethnicity...or anyone who may be visiting from India! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I was wondering about that as I wrote it, but I didn't know what they called it now. Thanks for keeping me PC. ;)

    ReplyDelete