I haven't written in awhile because I've been so busy with work and church that I haven't had time for much else besides sleep, an occasional hello to my hubby, and remembering to stop and eat. Craziness. Let's just say that this week I clocked 62 hours at work, and I was out sick one day (but at least worked from home most of that afternoon). It was our fiscal year end after a VERY long year at work, so it was very stressful and I'm so glad it's over. Now the pressure can release a little.
So what else made this a roller coaster week? Well....I came down with strep (3rd time in 4 months--blurg); Nathan got a job offer from Bank of America (which we're considering but not sure--still interviewing with a few others that seem promising too); Nathan went to an orthopedic surgeon and found out he has re-torn the meniscus (in his knee) that he had operated in April 2007, so he'll need surgery again to re-fix it; also found out that same day that he has what they call a SLAP tear in his shoulder, on a scale of 1 to 6 with 6 being the worst, his is a five. He's having surgery on Dec. 4th, and recovery to get back to "normal" is 8 months to 1 year closer to the 1 year. The economy tanked even further, which is freaking us out seeing as Nathan is job hunting. I went to the temple Tuesday night (church thing) and really enjoyed it. Last weekend was General Conference for church, and we totally loved it. Nathan had several huge projects due at school, and I had that crazy week at work. So that is why we had a roller coaster week. Lots of ups and downs. But now we're on an up because Nathan has Monday off school and I am taking the day off and we're going on a little mini-trip to a souped up cabin in northern GA. I am so excited. We're going with another couple from church, and then tomorrow afternoon we get a visitor from Utah. Yep, that's right, one family member is finally venturing out for a visit! Actually, our brother-in-law, Jason, is in AL for some training for work, and he happens to be only about 3 hours away, so he'll be stopping by the cabin with a friend. We're so excited to see someone from home. Should prove to be a very fun weekend. I'm sure I'll post some pics when we get back. Here's to a 3-day weekend where I don't have to think about such words as revenue, profit, loss, project, boss, insubordinate subordinates, or any other such things. HOORAY!!!!
One Last Party
3 years ago
Wow. Maybe in the next few weeks you can get off the roller coaster and head towards the lazy river. Wouldn't that be nice?
ReplyDeleteAll this happened in one week?!!!
ReplyDeleteI heard Jason had an interesting time finding you guys. Hope he eventually did. You guys sound busy. Where is the bank of america offer at? We miss ya.
ReplyDelete