Ok. So it wasn't Saturday, but we did go to the park. Friday brought some REALLY great weather to Atlanta (mid-60s Friday, Saturday and again today). I left work early Friday so we could go to the park for a bit before it was time for Coop's evening nap. It was so much fun to take our baby to the same park we used to take our dogs. Of course, Nathan HAD to show Cooper the dog park and watch the dogs for way longer than the kid was interested.
I was so excited to find out that they had these baby swings at this park. Cooper was instantly placed in this one, but he wasn't so sure about it. It took a lot of coaxing and goofy antics to get him to crack a grin. The rest of the time he looked on the verge of a wimper. Poor kid. This is supposed to be fun!

He was much happier to swing with his Momma.

Of course we had to try the slide.

Thrilled, I'm sure.

It was a fun night at the park.

(Daddy took all the pictures and videos and didn't want to be in them.)
Here you can see some of our goofy antics to get the kid to smile. As soon as he does, his hands fly straight to his mouth as usual. You'd think we never feed him or something, the way he always chews on his hands. I promise we do. He has the thunder thighs to prove it.
On the subject of going to the park, we went for a walk this afternoon and Cooper saw his first ducks and geese up close. They were very tame. He was also interested in touching the leaves of the magnolia tree, and was not happy when I wouldn't let him eat them too. He also loved going to the playground area and watching all the kids run and play.
Yesterday I went for an hour-long walk/ exercise jaunt on the Silver Comet Trail with Cooper. He was in his stroller most of the time, and was very quiet. Every time I peeked at him, he seemed to just be taking in everything around him. So much to see! Today's walk in the park was much the same thing. Our normally VERY vocal baby was SILENT. He just kept looking and looking at everything. Funny kid.
Aw, looks fun! We're dying for some outside weather around here! Last Sunday was nice enough to go play in the backyard, then every day since has gotten colder, and my girls are going stir crazy.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I LOVE your hair that length! You look awesome!
He looks so cute in the swing. I loved the weather. I never ended up calling Saturday because our car was in the shop till after 5pm. After that we went to Riverside Park for a little while but that was it. Sounds like you had a great weekend!
ReplyDelete