Thursday, September 2, 2010

11 Months

Cooper turned 11 months old last week and I snapped a few photos of him to mark the occasion. I almost didn't post these because he has so many marks on his face right now--eczema, pimples from sunscreen, and various bumps, bruises and scrapes from learning to walk. He hasn't quite grasped the concept that he can't just walk into things, or that stationary objects won't move out of the way for him. But then I decided that scrapes, bumps, and bruises will probably always exist with this adventureous little guy, and I wouldn't want to pass up the occasion to share pictures.
Sure, I'll smile Mom, if you give me the camera!
Hey, you tricked me!

Mom, this is not the camera. This is the remote. I strictly negotiated that I get to play with the camera if I smiled. The remote was not part of the agreement.
[Mommy replies: Coop, I never agreed to the terms of your agreement. The remote is a gesture of my willingness to compensate you for your efforts. Take it or leave it, man.]

One of Cooper's favorite toys is the REMOTE CONTROL! He knows that it controls the tv and that if he pushes enough buttons he can change the channels, turn the volume up/down, and turn the tv on/off. Hasn't mastered knowing which button is which, but then again, neither have I. He'll probably have figured it out before I do. He is also wise to the extra remote we designated as his; he knows it doesn't work and won't fall for it.

Cooper also likes to play with the buttons on the front of the tv. The other day he changed the channel to something with no reception, and got a screen of fuzz, which he looked at pensively. Then he kept pushing more buttons and turned the volume way up. That channel had no sound. But oh my--the next thing he did was change the channel again to another screen of fuzz and this time----it was LOUD, VERY LOUD, fuzz. The screamed in fright and booked it across the room to me, crying. I was hoping that he would have learned a lesson from his misadventure to not play with the tv buttons. Silly mommy. He was right back at it less than 5 minutes later, albeit a little cautious at first.

Other noteable 11-month milestones:

1. WALKING--yep, full on walking. Practially running now that it's been about 2 weeks. Walks bowlegged like his daddy did at this age. So cute. Will post videos when I have time at home. Can't upload at work, even on lunch break.

2. Added spoken vocabulary words: Lellie (Ellie, his cousin), Brah-dee (Brody is no longer just Dee, well not always anyway), Bubba! (Bubbles!)

3. Understanding things more. Cooper knows when I say, "Coop, where is your snuggle bunny?" that I'm asking him where his security blanket/stuffed animal thingy is. He is becoming very attached to it and gives it lots of loves. [I almost said, "Loves on it," which is a phrase I've picked up living in the South. If you hear me say it, now you know what it means.] When I say, "Coop, let's go take a bath," he goes and stands at the side of the tub. If I say, "Where are your toys?" he looks for them or goes to get one. If I say, "Let's brush our teeth," he waits for his toothbrush. It is so fun to know he understands what I say to him more and more. So why doesn't he stop doing things when I say NO? Hmmm....selective listening has already begun.

4. Cooper enjoys immitating, either through words or actions. For instance, when I count the scoops of formula for his bottle, he repeats "Two, Three!" He likes to help me unload the dryer and put the clothes in the basket. But he will not usually immitate on cue. It has to be his idea.

Cooper loves to play his own version of tag. His version is to run towards you, not away. If you say, "I'm gonna get you," then he runs toward that person giggling with delight, and gives a hug. Not quite the way the game of tag works, but I like it better since I chase him around enough as it is anyway, and I love seeing his face lit up with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment