Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cooper says...

I thought it'd be fun to be able to look back on this later and remember some of the things Cooper "says" at almost 16 months old.

1. Encyclopedia

(just kidding)

Ok for real this time.

1. Daddy - says it clear as a bell. Prefers to shout it gleefully.

2. Mommy / Momma / Ma - very clear as well, but doesn't always use it to address me. Uses randomly too. Nate says it's "I want," like "I want you to pick me up."

3. Uh-oh!

4. Naughty = nau-ee

5. Chelsey (his nanny, my sister) = tess-ee

6. Ellie (his cousin) = eow-ee

7. Brody (our dog) = Brawdee

8. Baby = beebee (He's fascintated with babies lately, and I can't WAIT for him to meet his new cousin, Kate, just born yesterday. Coop is sick with a bad cold, so I'm having to hold off on him seeing her. It's so hard, because I know he is going to be so fascinated with her.)

9. Yes = yeh

10. No = nah

11. More = mah

12. Please = beese

13. Bottle = ba

14. Owie = owie (Note that he uses this word not just for injuries, but any time, for anything he doesn't like. Going to bed, eating vegetables, changing his diaper. You get the picture.)

15. All done = ah duh

16. Light = igh (sounds like eye)

17. Tickle = deeka

18. Belly = beh-yee (thinks this is belly button, not just belly)

19. Nose = no

20. Eye = eye

21. Knees = knees

22. Mouth = mow

23. Drink = dee

24. Wee = wee (like "Wee, this is fun!")

25. Snack = snah, or nah

26. Up = uh

27. One = uh (notice the similarity to the word above--LOL)

28. Two = do

29. Three = fee (I have to share here that the other day he was climbing on something he shouldn't have been. I gave him a time out warning. The second time I started counting. "Cooper, get down right now, or you're going in time out. One..." He looked right at me stuck his neck out, stuck his arms straight out behind him with fists, as he bent forward a little and defiantly said, "DO!" His version of "Two." I was dumbstruck. Nathan started laughing hysterically, which did little for the time out that ensued. I had a hard time keeping a stern look and stifiling the infectuous laugh. Oh my.)

Some of these words he'll say without prompting, while others he'll say all the time, like light. He loves lights and light switches.

Parts of the body he'll say on his own too, and point to them. Lately he's obsessed with eyes and will randomly say "eye" and point to yours or his own. Must have done it to me today at least five times.

Speaking of body parts, he does know one more word--a word for the male body part (peepee). We have no idea where he learned it from. I was shocked to hear him correctly identify his own body part one day after his bath as he was running away from me, naked. I ignored it and gave no praise for using the word, but I have heard him say it a time or two since. I'm just waiting for the day that he blurts out something like that somewhere embarrassing. You know it's going to happen.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! And what a little smartie! And a smart Mom to document all this stuff -- I love having the 'details' from my kids lives to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Matt was saying some of the words Cooper says. What a smarty you have. I think it would help with the constant yelling, and screaming I get from him instead. How long does Cooper sleep during the day? Matt is anywhere from 2-3 hours just depending on the activities of the day. However, he is an early bird! I moved his bedtime up to 8:30pm so that he wouldn't wake up any earlier than 6am. These kids sure know how to destroy the finer things in life like sleeping in as late as one is able.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coop sleeps from 7 pm-ish to 6:30 am. But his naps are inconsistent—anywhere from 45 min to 1.5 hrs, but never anywhere close to 2-3 hours! That would be blissful! Yes, I miss sleep. It's hard to come by. Matt’s just testing his vocal cords. :) He'll be talking english before you know it. I enjoy the jibber-jabber. Have you ever heard anything so adorable? Especially love when they jabber at you so seriously like they're talking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete