After a morning full of errands, taking a nap, going to the playground, to the car wash (Cooper's first time, and he can't stop talking about it), and cleaning house, Cooper and I made sugar cookies yesterday afternoon...FINALLY. I'd original planned on these being Halloween cookies. Since Thanksgiving can still have orange frosting and sprinkles (Ok, minus the black bats, but who's counting?), and the pumpkin cookie cutter is harvest-like, I figured I'd better get them done before the week is through.
Coop thought the frosting was just divine.
Had enough sugar yet?
Oh boy...the sugar was already kicking in. He wouldn't even hold still long enough to snap a picture.
I had fun with my little baking assistant who was insistent that he had his OWN spatula, and chose the one from the bar-b-q tools (to the right of him). He also insisted on his own mixing bowl, which he wanted to fill to the brim with marshmallows. I only let him cover the bottom. He must have ate about a half cup of frosting, and about 50 mini-marshmallows before we were through. The actual cookies though, totally not interested in eating them. Just wanted to decorate.
It was a fun Saturday, just the two of us.




This reminds me that I never sent you my sugar cookie recipe. It really is the BOMB, if you love big, soft sugar cookies. Let me know if you still want it.
ReplyDelete