Conversations with Cooper lately:
#1 - No Thanks, Mom:
Lately I've been trying to teach Cooper to use good manners words like please, thank you, you're welcome, bless you, excuse me, etc. He does really well except when he angry or frustrated. I often find myself telling him that yelling, "Nooooo!" is not an acceptable response. It's ok to feel frustrated or angry, but you don't need to be mean. Just say, "No thanks."
So today I asked Cooper to help me pick up his toys before lunch. His response..."No thanks, Mom."
#2 - What did you learn in nursery?
Yesterday after church I asked Cooper, "What did you learn in nursery today?"
His response: Bubbles?
Yeah, I know you played bubbles. But what did you learn about?
His response: Puzzles?
Time to have some more Family Home Evenings devoted to gospel topics, not just fun activities.
Today I got to stay home from work with Cooper. Not just for fun, but because he was sick. No matter. Besides asking for the occasional extra "hold yous" as he calls them, running a fever, and having a runny nose, you'd hardly know he is sick. I'd love to have on a regular day the energy he has being sick. To expend some of that energy and get him ready for a nap, we had a picnic lunch on our backyard lawn. It was a BEAUTIFUL fall day. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fall in the South. Makes up for the humid summers. Here's Coop trying to smile at our picnic, despite the sun in his eyes.
This afternoon Cooper was busy playing "bEEg chucks" (big trucks). He refused to turn around for a picture, but here he is riding his truck-train.
A better picture of the train. His playing is getting very detailed. I love watching him.
No comments:
Post a Comment