Cooper started preschool this year. I'd told him just the day before that he was going to school. The first day, my friend called to ask if I wanted to carpool, and she volunteered to drive the first day. As such, I didn't take Coop to school. I was concerned how he'd react about that, but that morning when I reminded him he was going to school, he said, "Yep, and Mom, it's MY school, and you don't need to come." I was shocked, relieved, and a little sad that my almost 3-year old is so independent. My friend came to pick him up, and he climbed into the car with is best friend, and didn't even acknowledge me saying goodbye. That's Coop--always surprising me. So far, Cooper is LOVING school, but apparently is becoming somewhat of a class clown, doing things just to make the other kids laugh.
The "preschool" is a co-op with some friends from church, which is just what I'd hoped for. There are five children, including Cooper, 3 boys and 2 girls (Cooper, Max, Ethan, Rachel and Julia). He goes to school twice a week for two hours each day, and the location rotates each week at each child's house. Us mothers got together and planned the curriculum for the year, and I'm excited for Cooper to learn in more of a school setting. I get to teach once every 5 weeks, which I look forward to; otherwise I get to enjoy about 4 hours a week to myself, which has been heavenly, allowing me to get lots of things done uninterrupted.
No comments:
Post a Comment