Our two families split up for lunch after Fort Sumter, and we headed to a little place in Folly Beach called Rita's Seaside Grill. I ordered the Cantina Burger, subbing grilled chicken breast for the burger. It had charred red onion, jack cheese and guacamole, and is being mentioned because it is hands-down the BEST dish I ate on our vacation. Nate wasn't so lucky with his seafood selection, which had clearly been frozen. But it was a memorable lunch for me! Coop enjoyed it too. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the island scenery, the big pier being just across the street.
After lunch Nate and Jason were tired and stayed home to nap while Camyll and I took the kids to the beach one last time. It was a little chilly to be in the water, since the wind was blowing, but it made for a GREAT kite day! Cal was excited to fly his Spiderman kite.
Cooper had the attention span of about 10 seconds, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
After flying kites, we walked along the beach, collecting sea shells, and played in the water a bit. The boys were content to run around and splash. It was a relaxing afternoon at the beach, but I was so sad that it would be our last time to play at the beach on this vacation.










No comments:
Post a Comment