Cooper is growing up so fast. Every day it seems he's doing something more and more grown up. After we returned from our trip to Boston, Cooper started preschool. The first day of school was actually while we were on vacation so he was a week late getting started. I was concerned whether he would cry when I dropped him off, but neither he nor I shed a tear, a testament to how ready we both were for him to be in preschool. He was excited to wear his new camouflage backpack,which hangs down to his knees, that he and daddy picked out. I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up, and he said, "a worker guy." I asked what kind of worker guy, and he said, "You know, a guy that goes to work, and does work." Good 'nuff. We'll leave his future career aspirations at that for now.
His favorite part of school continues to be handwriting. Last year I tried and tried to get him to learn/write letters, and he refused to the point of throwing fits, throwing things, crying, screaming, and showing absolutely no interest. So I backed off after several friends who are former teachers telling me that he'd eventually show interest and be ready. It was about a month after Hudson was born that Coop started showing signs of being interested in learning to write. But having a newborn and recovering from a c-section, I was not able to capitalize on that interest, but didn't worry too much, since I knew he'd be starting preschool. Each week as they've learned a new letter, he's been excited to tell me and to demonstrate how to write the letter. Yesterday he learned letter "D", and having learned "A" a few weeks ago, I showed him last night to write and sound out the word "DAD." He was so excited to know that these letters he loves to write are also going to help him learn to read.
On our trip to Boston, Cooper slept in a twin bed at Nana and Grandpa's house without the use of side rails. So when we got home, we removed them from his bed. "Now I have a BIG BOY bed for real!" he exclaimed. He's only fallen off a few times since then. I love having the rails removed too. So much easier for him to make his bed, and for us to put him to bed.
One night I went to get Cooper from the bath, and he was proud to show me that he'd taken all the bath toys and sorted them into piles, separating by color. This was something he did completely on his own. It was pretty cute.



No comments:
Post a Comment