Friday, June 28, 2019

6/24/19 Favorite Things, Favorite Places

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12CuCh9TyPycGUXblaQYIuMPKpqTE66yZ
On our way home from the lighthouse we took the scenic route down 6A instead of going on thehighway. Stopped at a little beach shop where Cooper and Hudson purchased themselves a rubber raft, which I’m sure will be in many future pictures.  We stopped at Christmas Tree Shop just because there’s ALWAYS stuff to buy there (those not familiar with that store, it’s not a holiday store—lots of home decor and seasonal stuff and... all the things at great prices).  As we drove through the town of Brewster, I spotted the Brewster Store, and quickly pulled into a parking spot to surprise the kids, who weren’t paying attention. It was facing a bed and breakfast, and they wondered why we had stopped there. I told them I thought it looked like such a cute little house thatI decided to just stop and go see who lived thereand find out about their cute house.  You should have seen their faces!!! It was SO FUNNY! And then they started whining about why did we haveto do that, and that would be weird, and... then Isaid, “Guys—I’m kidding! We’re at the Brewster Store! Let’s go get some ice cream and look at fun stuff in the store.” They were surprised and excited and very relieved that we weren’t going toinvite ourselves over to some stranger’s cute house. LOL!
Cooper chose double chocolate ice cream, and it melted EVERYWHERE! He was covered from head (face and EAR?!) to foot. It was pretty gross,but also funny.  Hudson ordered cookies and cream, which was weird for him, because he usually orders plain vanilla.  I, of course, ordered bubblegum. That is one of my most favorite flavors, minus the gum pieces in it.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1piw6kBf5FkvTDkHm-Rnv1MNdbS1YkY3l
Continuing our journey home, we stopped to play at the herring run at Stony Brook.  Oh how I love this little oasis!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1wycEznehK3O1K0TxkgaN29ZRdx7dPY3m
I usually let the kids dip their feet in the water, but this time I just let them go all out and get as wet as they wanted. They were so excited. It was fun to watch them explore and have fun without so many limits.
Someone had put a little painted rocks hidden all around the park. It was fun to find them and read their little messages, and Cooper was excited to find one in the stream.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1znazLqqvWQ5lkj2lWT8lb4kVLANLktXM
I thought this one near these beautiful little flowers was pretty cute.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vKm5wYLAlYL9ekZpGvZDyrSOspB6T3nU
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZzO4bcN5-OfZUZs5sQyiObN49RZTtqrQ
The beauty of this place takes my breath away!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IPeER7XIAmCGzUaoz667sh3XGS5wlUxe
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1j-n_Fk-IPm9PNgof3ueNSJ1McCpW2hKM
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kQ6kGebix2-CIJ6tK4tx6_VHZpLdXZU7
This hawk showed up in a nearby tree.  It was hunting something on the ground, and was so focused that it didn’t really notice us.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PPZwXHhZYVzR1t5sU8ZcZlpT_fd8JmYv
It flew to a nearby fence rail.  Such a big hawk!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GvaKYOxcW7kTzXBW_42FQH5ygR3Vex9S
Cooper wanted to see how close he could get before it flew away.  He ended up even closer than this—about 5 feet from it.  It looked right at him, and I was worried it would fly at him and try to defend itself. Thankfully it flew away. Crazy Coop!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DLlpN1-faBSKgoJU4hKNJRVIlzqn3y76
Hudson wasn’t as interested in the hawk as he was in his temporary pet roly-poly he named “Rolly.”
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1saVfNztcQB2mfevrm1SqCSWkOhMTKVVk
Nate joined us after a bit, and we enjoyed hanging out in the solitude, listening to the birds and the stream and the kids having fun.
That night we went to dinner at Clancy’s with Grandpa and Uncle David.  After clam chowder, and dinner, and sampling David’s mussels, I’m not sure how this kid still had room for dessert!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=107KUYDUepvr1jn1SvqLASrN07_WWL4Ye

No comments:

Post a Comment