The guys hung out that day and watched football. (I don't know how I ended up with no pictures of Mel's husband, Stephen. )
That night we walked off our turkey-induced comas by taking a trip to the beach. The water was warm enough to take a swim--in November! Gotta love Miami!
As the sun began to set, we enjoyed the beautiful colors, and also got to see a very large cruise ship leave harbor.
Nathan enjoyed collecting shells and coral pieces for our saltwater aquarium.

The next day the guys went fishing, leaving us girls (and Kyle) to ourselves. We decided to embark on an activity our hubbies would probably find uninteresting...a visit to the botanical garden, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, an 83-acre park just south of the city. It was the most perfect weather. My green thumb was just itching as we explored many plants that I have never seen before, at least not as up close and personal as this.

Nathan built a sand castle (and dug a hole big enough for him to stand in).
The lighthouse was closed for renovation, so we couldn't go for a tour to the top, but the scenery was beautiful.
Wow what a fun weekend. You two really know how to live it up when it's time for play instead of work. The beach looks so nice! -- Camyll
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad y'all decided to come spend the weekend with us. I had a blast checking out parts of Miami that I've never seen before. We probably wouldn't have done anything cool without you here, and I could definitely get used to having my Twin around more often!
ReplyDelete