Thursday, November 19, 2009

Follow up on musings...

Got the car registered. The DMV was EASY! Walked right in. No line. Had to make one call to my insurance company to have one little thing corrected, and VOILA! $48 later I was registered. No late fees. No taxes until next year. PHEW! (The Drivers License Division was a WHOLE other story. Ridiculous lines that you had to stand in, not sit. I took Coop with me to that one, and it was awful. But hey, that worry is finally off my to do list. Hooray!)

~~~

Left Coop with the babysitter for the first time yesterday. It was only for 2 hours while I went to the DMV and ran a few other errands. The purpose was to let them get familar with each other before I return to work tomorrow. Tomorrow will be for 4 hours, and then next week it's all day. Boo hoo hoo. I didn't cry yesterday though like I thought I would. I tried to call my sister, Camyll, for moral support as I drove away, but she didn't answer. So I mustered my strength, took a deep breath, and focused on the tasks at hand. I'm sure sometime within the next week of dropping him off I'm due for a total meltdown in the car afterward.

~~~

From a drawing at my doctor's office, I won a free photo shoot with a professonal photographer. They waived the sitting fee and I get a free 10 x 10 print. Woohoo! Coop and I did a 2-hour photo session yesterday, and the kid thinks he's a future model. I'm excited to see the proofs, but not so excited about the cost of their packages--too expensive for my taste. How will I ever choose just one?

~~~

During the photo shoot we had Coop entirely in his birthday suit for a few (covering up unmentionables, of course). With the diaper off, he sneezed while I was holding him and pooted all over my hand. That was an experience I'll never forget. He pooped twice more--once all over the front of my new white shirt (good thing I was able to get it out!), and once all over their white background/floor. It was gross, but comical. Then he peed all over us 4 times. They said in their disclaimer that accidents are prone to happen. I told them it was Coop's punishment to us for taking his clothes off. Coop agreed.

~~~

With Cooper's eye infection, his eyelashes have been matted/wet a lot. I have noticed how much they've grown in the last few weeks. With a son that is the spitting image of his father (I get asked by strangers if he's mine, and say he must look like his dad--thanks a lot), it's nice to know that he inherited ONE of my features--long eyelashes. Girls, eat your hearts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment