Friday, February 12, 2010

The Man Code

Last Sunday in time for the Superbowl, I brought Cooper downstairs and said, "Daddy! I'm ready for the Superbowl party!"

Instead of being excited over how cute Cooper looked, Nate was dismayed. Apparently there is an unspoken rule in "The Man Code" that if your team is not playing in the game, you don't wear their colors. Being a female, I thought that was a weird rule. Why wouldn't you want to show team spirit? Nate said, "Because wearing your team's colors when they're not in the game is just a reminder that they're NOT there and you wish they were." Oh.
Nate says I have a lot to learn about a man's world and that I have to learn it before Coop is like six so I don't teach him the wrong thing. Oh.
Well, doesn't he look cute anyway?
From head....

to toe...

and even his backside...

Cooper was ready for our superbowl party thanks to the great Patriots' jersey and hat Uncle David sent him. (Note his little football next to him.) Well, it should still fit him next year, and we'll hope the Pats make it so we can cheer them on and get to wear this outfit to a Superbowl party again!

And maybe by then I will have learned more of "The Man Code." Humph.

3 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! What a cutie. I wanted to get Colts stuff for Matthew when we were in Indy but I never got around to it. Cooper looks so studly even if your team wasn't in the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to pass on everything you learn . . . I'm sure I'm even more lacking in my understanding (what with my sisters and all dominating our house) than you are, and I have like 4 months to start figuring it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Having him wear Red Sox stuff would've made WAY more sense.....

    ReplyDelete