Saturday, June 6, 2015

Adventures of Coop Scoop at Five Years Old

Cooper is quite the kid.  No matter what he's doing, he's doing it 100%, whether it's playing in the mud, doing chores, throwing a fit, trying to figure out how something works, or being his crazy/silly self.  He lives in the moment with his whole heart.

Occasionally Cooper and Mommy get some time alone.  This was a date with my Coop Scoop to dinner at a local burger joint (his choice), and a movie (also his activity of choice).  We often drive past the movie theater, and he asks when we're going to go on another date to the movies.  Sweet boy.  Last week (it's now June 2015), we spent time at our neighborhood pool on a Saturday morning for a few hours, just the two of us.  We both enjoy spending time together without the distractions of brother or Dad.

10/23/14: Coop came home from being gone for a bit with Nate. He comes to find me in bed reading, and says he wants to snuggle. I asked why he's so snuggly tonight, to which he looks up at me with a big smile and says, "Because I was born to snuggle you!" That boy can push my buttons and melt my heart all in one day.

One day Coop called, "Mom, come here for a second!"  I went in to the playroom, but didn't see him right off.  He was hiding in the stuffed animals bin, waiting to scare me with a "boo!"  It totally worked, and he giggled and giggled.

The week after General Conference (semi-annual world-wide broadcast conference of our church, where the church leaders sit on a stand), I went upstairs to find Cooper sitting in his chair, which he had moved on top of the tv stand.  When asked why he was up there, he said, "I'm playing General Conference!"  I couldn't even be mad that he was up there after that cuteness.

What do you do with an energetic kid on a cold, wintery day?  Make jell-o jigglers, and practice spelling!

Cooper loves the mud.  LOVES.  I cannot keep the boy out of it.  He and his friend, Elsie, played in the mud in our backyard one day for hours and hours.  I had been watching from the kitchen window, but did not realize just how muddy they were until I went out to call them in for lunch.  Elsie is a fun friend, who enjoys playing outdoors with Coop.  Good thing her mom doesn't care about her getting muddy in such cute clothes.  These two 5-year-olds sure are adventurous together.

Cooper is often trying to build a bike jump.  The jumps he builds are often quite precarious, made of random items stacked on top of one another.  He was so excited when Nate helped him make a safe jump to ride his bike off of, and asked me to take his picture.

Cooper's school pictures turned out so handsome.
Late in the fall we had a belated t-ball pizza party, where the team received their trophies.  Great season, Braves!


12/13/14: The mind of this child fascinates me. He's always trying to build/ invent something. Today: "biking coat" out of packing bubbles. "Bullet proof, everything proof! Well, except hot lava."
Then his sweetness shone through. "Mom, if I had enough of this, I could make one for our whole family. Then we'd ALL be protected!" Love him.
This was my boy after riding his bike through mud puddles, or "mud driving" as he calls it.
Never one to blend in with the crowd, Cooper assembled his reindeer hat for his preschool Christmas party according to his own interpretation of the directions, putting the "antlers" in the back. on the bottom.  He's very insistent and independent, not liking to be micromanaged with specific directions.  He's often one to look at a project, and then totally go his own way with it.  He's an "outside the box" kind of thinker.
Cooper's preschool Christmas party included a few songs like "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."  Coop isn't much of a singer, but he did like singing "Jingle Bells."

No comments:

Post a Comment