Saturday, June 6, 2015

Life With a Toddler (18 months-ish) - Hudderbean

The boys keep me hopping.  Days that may otherwise be mundane, are usually far from it, thanks to their ever-growing ingenuity of how to make messes or get dirty, or both.  Hudson is no exception.

9/30/14: One potty break for mommy, 3 mischievous minutes for toddler.
...later that same day, after just having tidied up this room, I went back in to put away clean laundry, and found my little helper had been at it again.

10/3/14: Because one lovey is never enough, and apparently need neck snuggling to get the full effect. Paci is not optional.

10/29/14: Hudson's favorite phrase today: "Yay! I did it!" He's said it 3 times already today. Love that he's starting to talk. Getting so big.

If it involves a ball and a "bat" of some kind, Hudson is all in.

Hudson was so proud to show me this tinker toy creation he assembled all on his own.  The tinker toys are often strewn all over the place.  Those and all other game/puzzles in the game closet are splayed across the game room on almost a daily basis.

Climbing onto things he can jump off has become a favorite past time.

I'm often finding the house redecorated.  Candles are not meant to be merely displayed.  Apparently to Hudson they're for STACKING! (Not long after this picture was taken, after putting the candles back on the shelf one day no fewer than 5 times, I relocated them to a higher shelf in a different room.  Well, then that freed up the middle shelf on this three-tiered display table, which then must have appeared to be ladder, because I no sooner had removed said candles than he was trying to climb the "ladder."  The entire table was put in storage for future days when toddler-proofing is no longer a necessity.)

What? Washcloths in the bath aren't for sucking bath water for hydration?

Hudson's new "I'm awake, now come and get me" call is not to talk, or cry. No, my child sits and bangs his feet (or worse, his head) against the wall until I come to him.

The boy LOVES a shower

At 18 months old Hudson was finally old enough to enter the nursery class at church.  Hooray!!!  Did I say hooray?  No more chasing him around during Primary!
He was not timid at all about going to nursery.  I wasn't sure what to expect, because he hasn't been babysat or played with other children his age that much.
To this day, he still LOVES nursery.  On Sundays all I have to say is "Are you ready to go to nursery today?" and he gets excited and exclaims, "Nuh-see!!! Bubbahs (bubbles)! Pway (play)! Yes nuh-see!"  He is often disappointed that the first hour of church he doesn't get to go to nursery yet.  Sometimes there are tears involved because he wants to go to class, not to Sacrament meeting.  Such a big boy!

The winter consisted of many, many colds and illnesses for the boys and I, which meant lots of sleepless nights.  One day I fell asleep in the rocking chair, putting Hudson down for a nap.  Nate took this picture of Hudson and I snuggled together.  He loves the time before bed/nap when we snuggle for a few minutes.  He often gets this cute little smile, and shimmies down in my lap/arms, as if snuggling tighter.  I often wonder whether Hudson will be our last child the Lord blesses us with, and I try to cherish moments such as these, even the times when I'm exhausted.
He looks much cuter in these shoes than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment