Thursday, June 4, 2015

Halloween 2014

With a long hiatus from blogging, I have decided I'd better catch up before I'm an entire year behind (yikes!).  "Back to your regularly scheduled programs..."

HALLOWEEN 2014

A few weeks before Halloween, Cooper was sure to remind me that we needed to get the house decorated.  We have quite a few decorations, thanks to Aunt Denise, but we'll spare you from having to "tour" all of them, and just share a picture of the boys' favorite--the glowing plug-in jack-o-lantern.
Pinterest was to thank for this clever idea.  We had fun turning our front door into Frankenstein.
Our church held a trunk-or-treat party a few days before Halloween, and we invited our old neighbors/ friends Tammy and Braden Blanton, to join us in the festivities.  Cooper (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Leonardo), and Braden (Power Ranger), had fun posing in front of the photo booth.  I was on the committee hosting the event, so Tammy was good to keep the kids occupied while I helped organize things.
Don't mess with these guys!
 The costume parade is always a hit. 
 
 Nate had been gone all day to a field trial for the dog, but was able to join us just before the trunk-or-treat, making our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle group complete!  Nate (Michaelangelo), Cooper (Leonardo), Hudson (Rafael), and Chrystal (Donatello).  Neither of the boys is wearing their masks, but I love this picture.  It's by far one of my favorite from 2014.  Cooper's face cracks me up!
 No family photo session would be complete without a few "fart" noises from Coop Scoop.
 Heroes in a half shell--turtle power!
(Except poor Rafael, who just wants to go home and go to bed.)
 Cooper's preschool class took a trip to a local pumpkin patch.  Cooper is in the middle with the gray shirt/red jacket around his waist.
 Carving pumpkins is always interesting in our house.  Every year Coop gets really excited about it, but then is totally grossed out by the cold, slimy innards of the pumpkin, and this year was no exception.  Hudson was too tired and went to bed.  Nate is not usually interested any further than helping Coop execute his (Cooper's) own carefully planned out design.  
 It seems I am actually the one who most enjoys carving pumpkins.  This year I chose a pre-printed pattern that was easy to follow.  Maybe one year I'll have the energy/patience to carve an elaborate pumpkin like I've always wanted to.  But I think they turned out pretty cute.
 Hudson sported his Halloween pjs quite a bit during the month of October.
 Halloween night finally arrived, and Cooper and Braden were READY to scour the neighborhood in search of candy.
 Hudson wasn't sure what the excitement was all about, but knew that we kept talking about candy, so he was happy.
 Tammy and Nate took the big boys trick-or-treating through our neighborhood.  This was our first Halloween in our new house, so we weren't sure what to expect.
 Hudson and I hung back at home, ready to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters.
 We waited and waited, but only a few came by.  Apparently not many like to venture down to the end of the neighborhood to our little street.  So we had LOTS of leftover candy!
 The trick-or treaters had a lot of fun.
 
 
 
It was a fun Halloween season.

No comments:

Post a Comment