Many of you may have heard about the current gas shortage in GA and other southern states. It's our living nightmare. The lines at the gas stations are so long, it takes an average of 1 hour to wait in line, often more. I got really lucky this last week and found a gas station near work with gas and a somewhat small line--only 20 minutes. Woohoo! I felt so lucky. Today I'm on a half tank after being very careful all weekend about not driving too much. Half tank means time to start thinking about looking for gas. There are lots of cars along the freeway in the breakdown lane because they're out of gas. This morning on the way to church, a 7 mile drive, I counted five cars. It is crazy. I have heard of a town a little northeast of here where they have plenty of gas. There is talk here of the "horde mentality" that seems to be what many in Atlanta and the close suburbs have adopted as their new code of ethics. These are the people that fill up just about every other day, no matter their fuel level, and also take several gas cans with them to the gas station and "covertly" fill up with the extra gas, looking out only for themselves, not thinking at all about those behind them in line waiting for gas. If they would all only take exactly what they need, the shortage may not be so bad. So here I am on a half tank, and think that maybe I can make it a few more days....here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment