Because Nathan is currently working on a case study for school, I decided to pull my lounge chair out on the balcony of our apartment and enjoy the perfect afternoon weather. I LOVE having a laptop from work so I can sit out here on the computer and not be tied to the desk inside. Plus now when Nathan is on the computer (most of the time) I can have some computer time too without playing tug of war. This is GREAT! A perfect way to spend a warm Sunday afternoon.
I've been catching up on some friends blogs, and found some photos of us playing laser tag a few months ago with a group of friends from church, so I thought I'd post them here. This reminds me of a conversation I had with a girl at work. Our church was having a big bar-b-q/ pig roast yesterday. We were challenged to find someone not of our faith to invite to the event. So I decided to extend the inivitation to this woman I work with because we are pretty good friends. She brought up something the other day about my church, and so I took the opportunity to segway into inviting her to this bar-b-q. She was hesitant, and then said, and I quote, "You Mormons do the wierdest things for fun." I asked what she meant by that, and she said, "Oh, I dont' know. I just remember you talking about things you do for fun, and you do some pretty funny stuff for entertainment." Later on I realized that she may not have known that a pig roast was just a bar-b-q. I'm not sure what she thought. But at the time I thought about
the things we do for fun, and I have to agree that sometimes we go a little outside the box, i.e. a group of adults ranging in age from 22 to 45 going laser tagging on a Friday night and then going back to an aparment and playing Signs for hours on end. I admit that we don't have fun in the "normal" Atlanta way, which is to go out to bars or clubs, hang out and drink. Sounds kind of boring to me. I'd rather go laser tagging.
I am on the far left. Then there's James, an unknown (Steve?), Brian, Lisa in front, Garth and Deanne, and Megan on the end. What a group! Carol (not in these pictures) won the first time, and then we played a second game and the guys must have felt the need to redeem themselves from getting beat by a girl. It was fun comparing scores and seeing who was shot by whom the most.
I can't believe how different Nathan looks now!
This is Nathan in between James Ayers on the left and Brian Campa on the right.
That's cool that you have made so many friends and that there are actually people your age, well ENGLISH-SPEAKING people your age to hang out with!!
ReplyDeleteYou two have way too much fun!
ReplyDelete