Nathan was moping around the house yesterday morning as I tried and tried to get my work laptop to connect to my work network. Never could get it to work--bulrg. Guess I'll have to call the helpdesk. But later--much later. So what did we do instead? We drove down to the ATL airport to buy tickets for Thanksgiving (hooray we're going to Miami to visit Mel and Stephen), and for Christmas (hooray we get to be there for a LONG time since they had no other flights for our "coupons"). I was determined not to get jipped out of more of my hard-earned money. So off we went to the airport. After 2 hours standing at the ticket counter with a very frustrated but nonetheless helpful and courteous (thank goodness for that) Delta representative, we walked away with tickets to visit our family and friends at a pretty good price. Finally--that is over and I can revel in the fact that we get to go on these trips.
So after that, Nathan declared Labor Day to be National Unfun Day. What, you don't think standing in line at the airport on your day off is fun??? Ok--me neither. So we decided to go to the zoo since it was on the way home and we had tickets we'd already purchased awhile back. It was the perfect day weather wise, but I have to admit that the zoo just isn't the same without kids. But I did get to see a panda bear in person for the first time. The adult panda had just given birth to a new baby panda only 2 days before, so she was not out, but the younger pandas were, and this one was really enjoying his bamboo lunch.
The other highlight of the zoo were the new lion cubs that were just released for exhibit 2 days prior. They were so fun to watch we were there for about 10 minutes. They acted just like puppies do. The momma was getting annoyed at them a few times, and the poppa could have cared less.
I love that you have this post about the zoo! I just emailed you about how we could go there when you're here! Maybe it would be more fun, since we DO have a kid! :)
ReplyDeleteI have to disagree about the kid part. I would like to go to the zoo once with out a kid and see how fun it is instead of worrying the WHOLE time- is ellie going to eat the gum off the ground or cry when we are way over to the other side at asian highlands and the car is atleast 10 minutes away or having someone tugging on my leg every second because they REFUSE to get in the stroller. Now why have I gotten a year pass 2 years in a row? I have no idea. =)
ReplyDelete