Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November 1st!

What a beautiful day we had here in ATL today. It was 72 degrees, sunny, warm, blue skies, beautiful fall colors everywhere. Nathan and I got out of the house and went to the park. I guess I should get more in the habit of taking pictures when we do stuff so we have pictures to put on the blog. It was a great afternoon.

Last night we celebrated Halloween with some friends from church at a party. It was a good time with great food, good friends, interesting conversations, fun pumpkin carving--an all-over fun night. Some of our friends took pictures of the pumpkins. If I get one from them, I'll post it. Nathan has been recording scary movies on our DV-R from TV for the last few weeks, and I know he's secretly hoping I'll relent and watch one with him. I think he just wants me to get all scared and snuggle up to him for comfort and reassurance. I hate scary movies that have no resolution. I've watched a few with him in the past, but I have to psyche myself up for it. I know, I'm such a pansy.

So today we went out to run some errands and did some window shopping, and I saw a t-shirt with this saying. "If you don't vote, I don't have to listen to your opinion." I liked that. I'm trying to psyche myself up for the long lines Tuesday. Just couldn't bring myself to stand in line for 6 hours to vote early!!! Holy cow. A record number of early voters (2 million) have already cast their ballots in the great state of GA. It's amazing to see so much enthusiasm and people taking action. I love it and am excited to see how things turn out Tuesday. It will sure prove interesting.

So we have some pretty big news. Last Friday Nathan accepted a job with Bank of America. The offer was as good or better than any others he had or expected to receive, and the program is great. The job is a position as a Junior VP in a 3-year fast-track leadership rotational program of operations management within BofA. It's exciting to see the light clearly at the end of the tunnel now. Many of you are curious where this job will take us geographically. Well.....so are we! We won't know for sure until January where the first assignment will be. Some possible locations I know of are their headquarters in Charlotte, NC; San Fransisco, CA; San Antonio, TX; and Chicago, IL. Our hope of hopes is that it will be Charlotte because I can transfer there within my current job, which would be a huge blessing. Plus, that would mean Nate's dad would be only a 6 hour drive instead of 10. It would be awesome to be closer to family again. Nathan shared this info with the recruiters, and they said they'd take it into consideration, but no promises. So now we get to play the waiting game until January. But at least that's one HUGE decision off our shoulders. We're excited about it!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you have one piece of the puzzle figured out! What a blessing to know that he at least has a job. Soon you'll know where the job will take you and everything else will fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been 70s+ here in Salt Lake too, until today. We are happy for you guys that you have your new job lined up. We look forward to seeing you in a little over a month. Bryt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Chrystal! That's so exciting for you guys. I can't wait to hear where you will be heading to next but sad too that you're leaving.

    ReplyDelete