
I have to take a moment from my day to record my feelings about this historic day. As I just watched on tv President Obama take the presidential oath, I couldn't help but have chills and get a thrill of hope and excitement. This was truly an historic occasion. It was one of those moments that I will never forget as I sat amongst my co-workers of all ages and races, gathered around the tvs in our office to participate in waching the inaguration of our next President of the United States of America, who happens to be the first African-American president. It was poignant as I looked around at the tears in the eyes of many of my co-workers, some who have experienced discrimination and racismn at its worst. I felt the thrill of the moment through their eyes. It also reminded me of 9-11 when we again gathered around the tvs in the office, united in a common purpose, all bipartisanship aside.
As I listened to the speech of Obama as our new President, I couldn't help but feel a rush of hope and joy as the prospects of change and movement were evident. I know many of you do not like Obama, but at this point, I hope you can put aside those differences and revel in the greatness of our freedoms that were evident today.
As I listened to the National Anthem being sung at the end, I couldn't help but think of the time when I watched the re-enactment of the beginning of the Revolutionary War on the green of Lexington Square in Lexington, MA several years ago. The picture of the guns and cannons appearing through the fog, and feeling the anticipation of what was about to happen, raced through my mind, brought tears to my eyes, and a lump in my throat. The Lord has blessed this country from the beginning, and I am so thankful to live in such a blessed land. Even in these hard times for our country, when we are faced with so many problems from a micro-level to a macro-level, at least for a few moments America was able to push aside our cares and remember what our nataion came from, and look to the future of where we are headed. God bless America!
As I listened to the speech of Obama as our new President, I couldn't help but feel a rush of hope and joy as the prospects of change and movement were evident. I know many of you do not like Obama, but at this point, I hope you can put aside those differences and revel in the greatness of our freedoms that were evident today.
As I listened to the National Anthem being sung at the end, I couldn't help but think of the time when I watched the re-enactment of the beginning of the Revolutionary War on the green of Lexington Square in Lexington, MA several years ago. The picture of the guns and cannons appearing through the fog, and feeling the anticipation of what was about to happen, raced through my mind, brought tears to my eyes, and a lump in my throat. The Lord has blessed this country from the beginning, and I am so thankful to live in such a blessed land. Even in these hard times for our country, when we are faced with so many problems from a micro-level to a macro-level, at least for a few moments America was able to push aside our cares and remember what our nataion came from, and look to the future of where we are headed. God bless America!
Agreed!
ReplyDelete