Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lola's first big outing

Lola has not been outside much because of the cold weather. She's so small that she starts shivering uncontrollably when it's cold. So today was full of adventures for her. She met lots of other dogs, and children and adults who always stopped to admire and pet her. We are used to her smallness, but I guess she was something of a novelty to strangers.

Today we decided to take advantage of the warm, sunny afternoon (after 2 weeks of temps in the 30s) and get outside. We took Lola to one of our favorite spots in Atlanta, a trail/picnic area along the Chattahoochee River. It was a beautiful day, and thinking about it now I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the sun on the water. It was breathtaking.
Here she is having a great time going for a walk.
This is her "what did I do?" look. Oh, and this is her FAVORITE spot to sit--right on your feet.

She loves to snuggle on my shoulder, right up against my neck. I think we should have named her parrott. When she whines she sounds like a little pig. I think we should have named her piglet (and she has the short, curly tail to match). She's finally getting the house training thing, and when she does something wrong, but we haven't figured it out yet, she runs and hides in her kennel. She's a smart one! But she's also so sweet. She never tires of snuggling on our laps and loves to play. We can't believe we've only had her for one week. She is a great incentive for me to come home from work at a decent hour, and we just can't get enough of her.

The funniest thing she does is chase her own shadow. We thought at first that she had an imaginary friend or something. But then I noticed that she was actually pouncing on, biting at, and running at her own shadow. What a nut. Pure joy.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the weather was warm enough that you could enjoy a day outside and let your little baby come along. I miss Atlas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that last picture!! Jason and I were just giggling at how cute she is. I love that she knows she did something wrong and she shows it before you find out. Ruby is the same way. As soon as she does something wrong she runs with her tail between her legs and sits at our feet and her ears are back. They are so much fun to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so tiny- Looks like you guys are having a blast with your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are great additions! She's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrystal! I saw the link to your blog from Natalie and Jared's and wanted to say hi :) I hope things are going well for you!! Your puppy is so adorable! Dogs are so fun :)

    I don't want this to be a one-way street, so if you'd like an invite to our blog (it's private) you can email me at kmgourley at gmail dot com and I will send you one!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! It almost convinces me that I need a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! I was shocked the other day when I came across your blog through a friend of a friends!! I would've never clicked on it, except that they had your maiden name in parenthesis and I was thinking, "No way!? That can't be her!" And it was :-)
    It's so good to 'see' you again! You look great, and so happy . . . glad to hear your husband recovered well after surgery (and random, but Greg's work is way into Six Sigma too). Anyway, I'm babbling . . . it's just so good to find you like this!
    Email me at hilarycjohnson@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete