Last night as I glanced in the mirror after washing my face, I just about lost it. There it was--staring right back at me. At first I thought it was just a glare or weird reflection from the lighting, or maybe some extra shine. But no, it just kept staring at me. Several emotions ran through me in just a matter of seconds ranging from surprise, denial, disregard, fear, anger, disdain, discouragement, and finally self pity. By the time I arrived at self pity, I had already calculated the dwindling number of days left in my blissful 20s...45 to be exact. It continued to stare at me and I just stared right back as I took it between my fingers and did what we all do when we spot a stray...I plucked that gray hair right out and flushed it down the toilet with an air of defiance and triumph. *sigh*
you know this is all because you just spent a week with your teenage sisters, haha. Now you can see what you did to me! lol
ReplyDeleteSeriously, your youngest sibling is going to begin Drivers Ed on Monday. Ohhhh...........I am ready for this but something tells me none of the rest of you "older" siblings are. She can also tell you how many days, hours and minutes before she turns 16 and let me tell you...it's more than 100. haha Have fun, but remember if you keep pulling out...they just grow back. My advice to you? just go visit your hairdresser. Love ya. MOM
At least you already dye your hair and don't have to worry about mourning the loss of your "natural" hair color. I think I had that first pluck of gray hair about 10 years ago, so you don't have to feel so bad about it!
ReplyDeleteMy brother found a gray hair of mine once when we were waiting in line. I was terrified because I was 22! I haven't seen it since. But it is a scary sight!
ReplyDeleteHa Ha that is funny! I have the perfect birthday gift in mind for you. I can't wait til its time to mail it!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was reading your blog I thought you were talking about a zit-u never get them, your skin is perfect. You are lucky you only had one grey hair! Thank heaven for Camyllie (as ellie calls her) who dyes my greys all the time. And may I remind you I am still in my 20's. I blame it on bryt and nursing school. =) Glad you got to have that fun experience though.
ReplyDelete