Took Coop to the doctor today for what I thought was pink eye. Turns out it's an infection caused by his clogged tear ducts, which don't seem clogged to me at all seeing as they're pussing and watering like crazy. But whatever. At least I don't feel like a bad mom any more wondering how my 7 week old could have contracted pink eye. Phew.
~~~
At the doctor visit they weighed Cooper. At 7 weeks and 3 days old he weighs 12 lbs. 11 oz. But that's with clothes on this time, so take a little off for that. They didn't make me strip him down this time. That'll be in 2 weeks for his 2 month. It will be fun to see how much he gains between now and then. He's really starting to develop a nice double chin, and has developed a new roll on his upper thighs. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to revel in such things as an adult? I have a few rolls of my own in various places, and they would never be considered anywhere near cute. Coop's rolls are so adorable it makes me just want to cuddle and love him even more.
~~~
In the last several weeks of being a temporary stay-at-home mom I have been made to feel like an idiot by several insurance agencies and other such personnel for not having a copier, scanner or fax in my home. Who knew that in today's society such things are considered normal for a middle-class household? Last year we had to buy a new printer for our computer and I opted for the print-only model, not seeing much value in buying a much more expensive all-in-one machine. At the time I was working in an office, as was Nathan, and we both had access to such machines all day. But now I'm home and having to send more faxes, make more copies, and scan/email more documents to insurance people, HR people from work, doctors, etc. I think the people at the UPS store down the street know me by now. At least they know me by sight. And how in the heck does it cost $1.50 per page to send a long distance fax?! With the amount of copies/faxes and mailed documents I've had to send out in the last 3 months from home, I think I could have nearly paid for one of those all-in-one machines!! Hindsight... So if any of you need a computer printer in the near future--opt for the all-in-one.
~~~
I need to get my car registered in GA. Maybe I shouldn't admit it, but last year I renewed in Utah since it was over $250 cheaper, we still technically were not considered residents of GA since Nathan was a FT student, and all I had to do was get online and renew. No big deal. It was great.
Well, this year is a totally different story. To renew in Utah I needed to get an emissions test done IN UTAH. Not possible. Plus, we're not students any more, so I knew I'd need to register in the state in which we reside. Well, my Utah registration expired in March of this year. I know, I know. But at the time I couldn't take time off work to go get it done. Registering a vechile in a new state is a NIGHTMARE!!! First you have to go get a new drivers license (and relinquish your old one, even if it IS the BEST drivers license picture you'll probably have in your entire life). Second...well, you get the picture. We've all had our DMV nightmares to relate to, I'm sure.
So yeah, my registration expired in March. Couldn't take time off work then. Decided to let it lapse until I could take time off, which would be some time in April. Well, then April rolled around and we were supposed to find out where we would be relocated for Nathan's job, and were told it would most likely be Charlotte, NC. Why would I want to register my car in GA and go through all that hooplah, only to have to re-register in NC 2 months later? So I decided to wait until we found out where we were going. Ha. Yeah. Ended up not being told where we were going until middle of MAY. Oh well. So by then I knew we were staying in Atlanta, but also knew we would be moving to another county the first week of June; the taxes in the new county would be cheaper. What would a few more weeks do? So I waited.
Silly me. By the time we moved and got unpacked, we were off for vacation after vacation out of state, and then I was SO uber-pregnant that I REFUSED to get my drivers license picture taken being so fat. I know, totally vain of me, but c'mon--those pictures are shown as ID for the next 5-10 years!!! No. Not happening with an extra 38 lbs on my body, at least 5 of it in my face. So I waited....
Well, now I've lost most of the baby weight, and it's fianally time to bite the bullet and get the new drivers license and car registered before I head back to work the end of this week. Only problem is...now I have an infant that I have to drag with me. It's tempting to wait.... LOL. Tomorrow I'm braving it and heading off to the DMV, infant in tow. Wish me luck. And do you think that if I tell them this same story they'll waive the late registration fees I'm sure to be socked with? ;o)
One Last Party
3 years ago
The DMV sucks. Big time. What's going to be ironic now is if you finally get everything transferred over to GA and then find out you're moving to another state in a year.
ReplyDeleteHey I hope you found something worth while on that Dunston DVD. Cute little Coop! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas. I just started his quilt, I am so excited! My friend made the blessing blanket she crocheted it and a matching hat. So cute! But I am worried his head is already too big for it. We will see. Love you, miss you tons! Counting down til Christmas!
ReplyDelete