We certainly have a few things to be thankful for this year. Among the biggies: Nathan finished school and started his new job, and we added Cooper James to our family. What a big year.
This year for Thanksgiving we have visitors! This is the first time ever that we have hosted Thanksgiving in our home. And who better to have come? Poppy (Nate's Dad) and MeeMaw (Michele) came to visit Cooper for Thanksgiving! This picuture was the first time Poppy held his new grandson.
This year for Thanksgiving we have visitors! This is the first time ever that we have hosted Thanksgiving in our home. And who better to have come? Poppy (Nate's Dad) and MeeMaw (Michele) came to visit Cooper for Thanksgiving! This picuture was the first time Poppy held his new grandson.

Coop was all ready for Thanksgiving dinner, sitting in his swing for a few minutes while we all ate (it's blurry because I didn't stop the swing).

This was the yummy food we consumed in mass quantities...turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole (thanks, Mel!), corn, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, banana cream pie, chocolate pie, and apple pie. A pumpkin pie is yet to be made, but will surely be enjoyed later this weekend as well.

It is fun to have Nathan Sr. and Michele here for a visit. I couldn't have done Thanksgiving dinner without Michele, who was a HUGE help and I think did more food prep than I did (feeding/taking care of Cooper in between).


After dinner Cooper and I played and he was all smiles for awhile. It has been a good day.

Bring on the leftovers!
The sweet potato casserole was a major hit at my get together, too, even if they all called it "candied yams."
ReplyDelete