Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cooper 23 Months

Today Cooper turned 23 months. It's hard to remember life without this little guy in our lives. Milestones of the last month:



  • Talking, talking, and talking! Coop can say just about anything now, and talks in complete 3-5 word sentences. The other day when I took him to the doctor, the doctor asked why we were there, and Coop matter of factly said, "My ear hurts." My favorite, though, is that he calls himself, "Pootah." I gotta get it on video before he outgrows it!!!

  • Counting: Coop has learned to count. Usually it's "One, two, one, two..." but the other day he totally surprised me when he pulled the big spoons out of the drawer, and counted them back in, one through eight, without any mistakes. I didn't even know he knew how to count past 5! Thank you preschool. Here's a picture of Coop last week, sent to me by Coop's school. He was sick, so he looks a little out of it, but since I have time tonight to blog, and who knows how long it'll be before I can get back on here, this is the picture of him we get to use. :o)

  • Coop has also learned to identify letters, not particular letters yet, but when he sees letters he's sure to shout, "ABCs!" He can sometimes identify A and O, but that's about it.

  • Coop loves to sing in the car, and sings to himself often. He most often sings "Are You Sleeping, " either the English or French version. Not sure why this is his song of choice, but he loves it. He can also sing several other songs from beginning to end by himself: ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, etc.

  • Cooper has developed fears. He's suddenly very afraid of some things, the worst being thunder. We've had so many thunder storms this summer that now when it starts to get dark every night, Cooper thinks a storm is coming and runs to my side shouting, "Thunda! Thunda!" and sticks to my side until it's time to go to bed. He also does this when he hears any kind of rumble, like Dad walking around upstairs. He'll even wake in the middle of the night crying because he thinks he hears thunder. This has been going on for several weeks now. Poor kiddo.

  • Coop loves to play with his cars and trucks. They are his favorite toys right now.

  • Daddy has taught Cooper to play catch, and kick a ball. He also has a pretty good throw!

  • Gone are the chubby baby days; Coop is growing a little taller, and is losing his baby fat. He's a trim and slim, muscular little guy. He's got arm definition I envy, and is getting so slim that many of his pants and shorts fall off. His chest is wide and full, so some shirts are too small while corresponding pants/shorts are too big.

  • He can drink well from a cup without spilling. Spills are usually intentional dumps on the floor or spitting of water, which he thinks is great fun, even if Mom gets upset.

  • Lastly, he's got a full set of teeth, having all four 2-year molars come in within the last two months.

We love The Coop!

1 comment:

  1. I love when you suddenly discover your kid knows something you had NO idea they'd learned :-) For us, I remember we were curled up in bed one morning watching 'SuperWhy', when it showed the letters "R, S, M" and before the show said the letter names, Annie shouted out, "R, S and M!" I was SHOCKED :-) We'd worked a little on letters, I knew she knew "M" for Mom, "D" for Dad and "A" for Annie, but beyond that, I wasn't aware she recognized so many letters on sight! :-)
    For us, she wasn't in preschool yet, so it was like, "Wow, thank you PBS!" :-)

    ReplyDelete