On our way up to another family reunion, we stopped in Provo Canyon to see Bridal Veil Falls. Being a Utah native, I can't believe I've never actually seen the falls from more than the road. This picture shows both the upper and lower falls.
Cooper and Nate got right to soaking their feet in the frigid water. No matter how hot it was, the water was too cold for my liking.
Coop saw the people hiking up the trail to get up close to the falls, so I hiked him a little up the riverbed, and took his picture.
The person in red clothes, standing about 1/3 of the way up, to the left of the falls, just above the shrub line, gives you a good sense of the size and magnitude of these falls. Incredibly beautiful.
Proof that I was there too.
Our next stop was the town of my birthplace, Heber. This tiny little town, not far from the ski-famous Park City, is where I was born. It's quite changed since then, but no stop in Heber would be complete without eating at The Claimjumper steakhouse.
Yep, all westernized and touristy, but fun. And I had some lip-lickin' good Utah trout there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment