Friday, August 24, 2012

Christensen Family Reunion 2012

Our last hurrah in Utah was a big family reunion with all my Dad's family, from Grandma and Grandpa Christensen all the way down to great-grandchildren.  There must have been about 60 of us there at any given time.  It was SO fun!
We went to Heber Valley Day Camp, where they had cabins for staying overnight, and lots of other great accommodations.  We opted to drive home and sleep in our own beds, but it was so much fun during the day, and a great way to spend time with such a large group.  I didn't get many pictures of our extended family because we were too busy having fun, visiting, or I was too busy chasing Cooper around, trying to keep track of him, which is such a shame.  Can't believe I didn't even take a picture with my grandparents--sad.  But we did have lots of fun!

Cooper got right to work in the dirt.
  There were lots of fun games to play, like this one with tennis balls and empty milk gallons cut in half.
David, Lara, and Alex
 Carissa, Callen, Tyler
 Some of us played NERTS in one of the cabins.  It was crazy with a big group, but oh so fun!  I love playing games with the family, especially some cousins I hardly ever see any more.
L to R: Stettsen, Chelsey, Anna, Cynthia, Merissa, Cassady, Lara, Janessa
My Uncle Ron and Aunt Elise had three little grandchildren added to their family this May/June.  Here's Lara  with her little neice, Payton.
 Cooper LOVED playing in the dirt with Calvin, Jaisie and his trucks.
Can you tell these two are 2nd cousins?  Cooper and Dallin, only two months apart in age.
 Our littlest campers and their grandmas:  Dallin, Brooke, Elise, Natalie, Terry, Jaisie, Calvin, Cooper
 Waiting for our turn on the lake
 Did you know Lightening McQueen is in our family?  He was waiting for his turn on the boats, along with his Mommy, Camyll.
 Peek-a-boo, Calvin!
 Jason, Calvin and Camyll paddle-boating on the lake
 Coop and Nate on our paddle boat
 There goes some family members--Merissa, Janessa and Cassady!
 Carsen, Dallin, Natalie and Bethany
 Kaycee and Royce (who I think were glad to just have a little break from their new baby) ;)
 Nathan, Cooper and Chrystal
 Just chillin' while Mom does all the work

Can't believe that's all the photos we took!  Maybe I'll be able to snatch some from other family members as they post them to their blogs and such.
Lastly, when we were all gathered together for a meal, Grandpa Kurt Christensen spontaneously stood up and started speaking.  One of the first things he said was that all of us there (his family) are his greatest blessings.  It was then that I realized what he was going to say, and I snatched my camera as quickly as I could.  Unfortunately, the picture turned out blurry because I was so far away that I zoomed in, and the zoom on my video is apparently terrible because my camera is old.  Anyway, here is what I got of Grandpa (and Grandma) talking to the family.

We had a great time seeing our extended family!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment