Friday, August 24, 2012

Cooper's Song

Cooper often makes up little songs, most often in the car.  The songs vary from made up lyrics to actual tunes, or a made up lyric and tune.  I love to turn off the radio in the car and listen to him sing while I drive.  These little songs, to me, illustrate the epitome of childhood innocence.  I think most kids do this, and it's probably some stage of brain development/learning, but of course, I think my child is THE CUTEST, and make no apologies for it. ;)

That said, while visiting at my parents' house in Utah in July, I caught Cooper singing one of his little made-up songs while "playing the piano."  He LOVED to sit at Grammie's piano and play.  In this little video, I had to hide from him, so at first I'm far away, and then I sneak down the hall, and hide momentarily around the corner on the stairs landing.  He's got a little cold, and that's why he sounds stuffy.  His little song was something about missionaries, and when he turns and talks to someone, that someone is an imaginary audience of some sort; there was no one in the room with him.  At the end, he discovers my phone peeking out from around the corner and stops his little show.  Wish I'd caught more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment