Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 End of Year Fun

Cooper loves his new firetruck pjs from Grammie!
 This is New Year's Eve.  Coop giggling, and I turned around to find him like this with our dog, Brody.  I asked what he was doing, and he said, "I'm snuggling with Brody!"  He was all giggles.  Our dog is so patient with him.
This is also New Year's Eve.  Coop played outside that day for hours on end, enjoying the new sand in his sand table, which he decided to use as a sand BOX.  The boy loves to get dirty.  Ever seen a kid play in the sand wearing mittens?  I hadn't, but even though it was a bit chilly, Coop wanted to play outside.
 New Years Eve was quiet for us.  We went out to dinner at a local steakhouse.  Cooper was in a mood, and throwing a whiny tantrum when we arrived and were seated.  I finally sternly told him this was our New Year's Eve celebration dinner, and he was NOT going to ruin it by being whiny and throwing a fit.  He decided to be good, and we had a rather nice night out, something we don't often do any more.  We came home, Coop went to bed because he was ridiculously tired, and Nate and I watched a movie.  We missed the ball drop on tv, but shared a midnight kiss, and called it a night.
The next day we had a fun family day.  It was really cold and rainy, so we headed to the mall where Cooper could play on a free indoor playground.  I did a little shopping and purchased a cute sun hat for Baby Cheese for this summer, and some socks for Coop.  That was my "big" shopping day--ha!  We came home, and Nate watched a bunch of football.  Coop was playing pretend.  He came to the tv room and insisted that Nate "get on his boat" so they could go fishing.  This was Coop's boat he "built" himself, and Nate's was the exercise step.  The pool noodle was the fishing pole.  I wanted to let Nate enjoy his one day of football, so I took Coop to his room, where we used the "boat" and "fishing pole" to fish for all kids of "fish" in his room (Duplos (large Legos), blocks, etc.).  We were both wearing "fishing hats."  Mine was my old straw gardening hat, and his was his yellow fireman hat, turned backward.  Then I got an idea to stick his new flashlight in the end of the noodle, and tell him it was a "glow fish."  He turned off the light, and we fished for glow fish for a bit.  It was a lot of fun playing pretend with the Coopster.
 This Sunday Cooper will graduate from the baby nursery at church (18 months to 3 yrs), and start attending the childrens' Primary (3 yrs to 12 yrs) for the last 2 hours of church each week.  The 3 year olds are called "Sunbeams."  They have one hour of class time, and one hour of music/group time.  Cooper is so excited to be a Sunbeam, and be a big boy in Primary.
Those children in the nursery who have turned 3 during the year are graduating with him, and his teacher, Sister Lorraine Bryant, requested to be their teacher again this year.  I couldn't be happier.  Lorraine is my visiting teaching companion, and she is just amazing.  She has raised quite a large family, and is just superb with children.  Serving in the Primary presidency, I get to work with the children and teachers each week for two hours.  This past week I was taking pictures of the classes and kids for a thing we're doing, and I thought I'd include them here.
Cooper's Sunbeam class:
Weston, Rachel, Sister Bryant, Finn, Cooper, and Corrine
  Cooper James
I can't believe my baby is going to Primary in a few days.  Crazy how time flies.  He's getting so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment