Monday, January 14, 2013

22 Weeks of Baby Cheese and Feeling Huge

I'm 22 weeks pregnant today.  This pregnancy is definitely harder on me than my first.  This week the low back pain started, which I'm sure is caused by the size of my ever-growing belly.  Speaking of which, I thought I'd share some of the funny/ not so funny things people have said to me about my size.  These would be good to put on your list of "NEVER say to a pregnant woman--EVER":

  • Wow, you're finally looking pregnant.  I mean, really pregnant! (That one was my dear hubby.  He says he meant it in a good way.  Ha.  My immediate translation was, "Wow, you big whale."  I totally cried.)
  • When are you due?  May?  Wow, you still have a LOOONG way to go, but you sure don't look it. (an extended family member in NC on Nate's side, said to me on Christmas Eve)
  • How far along are you?...That's all? Wow, you look a lot farther than that. (Lady at church)
  • Oh my gosh--look at the size of your belly!  You're pregnant! (Lady at church)
  • I hope you're pregnant.  [Yep--someone actually said that.  Granted, it was a 7 year old at church, but still.  My friend overheard it, and told me I should have said, "Nope, I just had a really large breakfast." :P]
  • Oh, you're pregnant.  How sweet.  Are you having twins? (random lady behind me in the checkout line at Wal-Mart)
  • Your husband said the baby's not due 'til May?...Oh, bless your heart.  [Thank you, random old southern lady at one of Nate's dog competitions.  That one made me laugh though, because it was such a "Southern" thing to say.]
There's no telling what else people will blurt out in the 18 weeks that remain.  I can only imagine...


No comments:

Post a Comment