Cooper has been talking incessantly about camping for the last few days. An episode of his most recent cartoon obsession, "Caillou," must have been about camping. Anyway, Nate being the great dad he is, and realizing there's pretty much no chance of me going camping this spring since I'll be 7 months pregnant, he dug out the tent, sleeping bags, pads, blankets and pillows. He set up the tent on the front lawn, and we all piled in for some stories and snuggles.
At first Cooper didn't like having the door closed. I think he was a little claustrophobic. He also wanted the bright lantern on, not the small flashlight. But soon he settled in, and we read a few stories together. Being in the front yard meant we had wi-fi access, so he watched a few children's music videos on my phone. It was a little crowded in our 2-man tent with all 3-1/2 of us, pillows for me, and such, so at that point I made my exit and Coop and Nate spent another 90 minutes in the tent, until Coopster fell asleep. I'd say he had a great night.
After we'd put away all the stuff, Nate commented how disappointing it is that Coop is still too young to remember stuff like this for the rest of his life. This is definitely a family home evening we'll have to repeat in the future.
One Last Party
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment